Social Media Team
New updated list:

1. Outlaw Run
2. Storm Chaser
3. Iron Rattler
4. New Texas Giant

Hutch

Strata Poster
Now that I have more than one RMC I can actually compare the two. Might as well make a list of all of them as well. The ones I have ridden are in bold.

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Outlaw Run
4. Steel Medusa
5. Goliath
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Twisted Colossus
9. Joker
10. Iron Rattler
11. New Texas Giant

The bottom half could be interchangeable really.

Snoo

The Legend
Ranking below for me (bold I've ridden, italics I will ride this year):

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Goliath
4. Outlaw Run
5. Medusa
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant

11. Twisted Colossus

I need to go back to California. I also have not looked at Wildfire in a while in an effort to be surprised (same as I did for Lightning Rod). I have a clear preference for topper as they're more unique and just plain better IMO.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Ok, here's my guess/view of them all:

Ridden in bold.

1. Wildfire
2. Lightning Rod
3. Medusa
4. Goliath
5. Outlaw Run

6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant
11. Twisted Colossus

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
****UPDATE

1. Outlaw Run
2. Medusa Steel Coaster
3. Lightning Rod
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Goliath
6. Storm Chaser
7. Joker
8. Iron Rattler
9. Twisted Colossus
10. New Texas Giant

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
1. Wicked Cyclone- Smooth as glass, packed with airtime, relentless almost all the way to the brakes, and some of the best rhythm I've ever experienced on a coaster. Not to mention some cool (albeit cheap) theming. This RMC has it all, and that's what won it over for me and nearly took out my number one.
2. Outlaw Run- I consider it the most aggressive of the three but it's too short and doesn't have as much airtime as Cyclone. Still a really awesome ride, though. Just wish it was a bit longer. Best location of the three, though, and cresting the lift and seeing Table Rock Lake down below the Ozarks has to be one of the best views from a coaster out there.
3. Storm Chaser- Really like this coaster too. It just doesn't go through a single element without insane ejector, some really weird inversion, or some other kind of sensation. Too short and dies a little at the end, though.

Only Lightning Rod left to add this season potentially, but from what I've heard and what it looks like, Wicked Cyclone posed a threat to Skyrush but Lightning Rod poses a very serious threat to that spot.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Finally done one, so:

1. Goliath

Great ride. Fab first drop and another really strong airtime hill partway through. The zero G stall thing is delicious. Was shorter than I expected though (I don't bother with POVs generally, so didn't know).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Still waiting to ride my first one. :-(
An RMC, any RMC has been at the very top of my bucket list for a couple of years now. Needless to say, the prospect of riding Wildfire in just a few short weeks quite literally makes wee come out.
So that's number 1.

Out of the others, I'd say:
Wicked Cyclone
Lightning Rod
Outlaw Run
Twisted Colossus
Goliath.

But as I said, not that fussed, for the moment I'm just happy to be getting one of them.

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Imagineer Josh said:
****UPDATE

1. Outlaw Run
2. Medusa Steel Coaster
3. Lightning Rod
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Goliath
6. Storm Chaser
7. Joker
8. Iron Rattler
9. Twisted Colossus
10. New Texas Giant
Outlaw Run and Medusa over Lightning Rod? You kids and your crazy drugs....

I still have yet to ride an RMC. :(

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Went into Fiesta Texas for the last hour of operation tonight. Did nothing but ride Iron Rattler. And it's **** fantastic. So here is how I'd rank them now-
1. Outlaw Run
2. Iron Rattler
3. Goliath
4. New Texas Giant
5. Storm Chaser

Also rode Texas Giant a few times on Tuesday. I decided I like it better than Storm Chaser, so that one is my least favorite of the bunch. I prefer the big, steep drops on these coasters, so that's part of the reason I like NTG better. Half of my top ten is courtsey of RMC, so these rides are truly incredible. I have been on all RMCs within 12 hours driving distance of me so I have no idea when I'll get on another one now.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Snoo said:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Goliath
4. Outlaw Run
5. Medusa
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant

11. Twisted Colossus

I need to go back to California. I also have not looked at Wildfire in a while in an effort to be surprised (same as I did for Lightning Rod). I have a clear preference for topper as they're more unique and just plain better IMO.
Now we just have to wait for the Wildfire shoe to drop. Based on personal conversations with Marcus... you may be surprised. :razz:

Snoo

The Legend
Hyde said:
Snoo said:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Goliath
4. Outlaw Run
5. Medusa
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant

11. Twisted Colossus

Now we just have to wait for the Wildfire shoe to drop. Based on personal conversations with Marcus... you may be surprised. :razz:

Jumped the gun there didnt you. :)

Indeed, I find myself one of the few who has ridden ALL RMC topper track coasters out there, a version far superior to the Iron Horse concept. However, I do feel Storm Chaser is one of the exceptions. However, here is my rankings after riding Wildfire. Bold I've ridden:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Goliath
3. Wildfire
4. Outlaw Run
5. Medusa
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant

11. Twisted Colossus

As I said in my Top 10 post, Wildfire looked and delivered like a suped up Outlaw Run. However, it lacked that 'omg.. what just happened' that I felt with both LR and Goliath. That being said, the ride is still incredible and delivers but without that kick I felt from others that really pushed it forward, it didnt quite live up to what I was expecting. Of course, its my #5 coaster overall so its not like its horric by any means. Just, not as good as those above it. :)

Hutch

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
it lacked that 'omg.. what just happened' that I felt with both LR and Goliath.
I kind of have that feeling with Storm Chaser and Wicked Cyclone. They're the only ones I've ridden but it was still about what I expected, so they're not quite in my Top 5.

That is interesting that Wildfire lacked that moment for you. It does look better than Outlaw Run, and that already looks like it has some wtf moments.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
As I said in my Top 10 post, Wildfire looked and delivered like a suped up Outlaw Run. However, it lacked that 'omg.. what just happened' that I felt with both LR and Goliath. That being said, the ride is still incredible and delivers but without that kick I felt from others that really pushed it forward, it didnt quite live up to what I was expecting. Of course, its my #5 coaster overall so its not like its horric by any means. Just, not as good as those above it. :)
That's a very good way of describing it, there aren't many coasters which give that WTF moment, Wildfire doesn't, but it's highly enjoyable without blowing your mind.
Dat Stall tho <3

Snoo

The Legend
DelPiero said:
Snoo said:
That's a very good way of describing it, there aren't many coasters which give that WTF moment, Wildfire doesn't, but it's highly enjoyable without blowing your mind.
Dat Stall tho <3

I think the way both end plays a part in it too. Goliath and LR pound and pound with incredible element after incredible element and then have you flying into the brakes. OR and WF both go into the brakes at a much slower pace, albeit Outlaw leaves you wanting more as its relatively short.

I would like to note that, unlike most crazy woodies, the front is seemingly better than the back. Ive found that the case on nearly all RMC rides thus far.

I do agree tho. That stall blows you away. :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
I think the way both end plays a part in it too. Goliath and LR pound and pound with incredible element after incredible element and then have you flying into the brakes. OR and WF both go into the brakes at a much slower pace, albeit Outlaw leaves you wanting more as its relatively short.

I would like to note that, unlike most crazy woodies, the front is seemingly better than the back. Ive found that the case on nearly all RMC rides thus far.

I do agree tho. That stall blows you away. :)
Agree on the ending, it's almost like they wanted the final inversion to be the end but had to RCT it back to the station.
I don't agree with the front opinion though, I definitely found the 2nd and 3rd to last rows to provide the better experience for my tastes, mainly for the ejector on the drop and the extra bit of whip out of the stall and the wave turn. The front was a fun ride by all means but not what I prefer.

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
I tried to make my 3rd list as unbiased as possible.

Ridden in bold
Going to ride next year is italic

1. Wicked Cyclone
2. Lightning Rod
3. Twisted Colossus
4. Wildfire
5. Joker
6. New Texas Giant
7. Medusa Steel Coaster
8. Storm Chaser (Visiting KK next year isn't for sure yet)
9. Goliath
10. Outlaw Run
11. Iron Rattler

Tell me if there if anything I should edit please.

DunkinInDuncan

Roller Poster
Ridden in bold :roll:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Twisted Colossus
4. Outlaw Run
5. Joker
6. Iron Rattler
7. New Texas Giant
8. Goliath
9. Wicked Cyclone
10. Medusa Steel Coaster
11. Storm Chaser

-DunkinIn "Just from the perspective of a European" Duncan

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Imagineer Josh said:
I tried to make my 3rd list as unbiased as possible.

Ridden in bold
Going to ride next year is italic

1. Wicked Cyclone
2. Lightning Rod
3. Twisted Colossus
4. Wildfire
5. Joker
6. New Texas Giant
7. Medusa Steel Coaster
8. Storm Chaser (Visiting KK next year isn't for sure yet)
9. Goliath
10. Outlaw Run
11. Iron Rattler

Tell me if there if anything I should edit please.
No way in hell Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler are the worst two.....