6. Lightning Racer
7. InvadR
8. Wildcat
9. Roar (SFA)

New in bold.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Lightning Racer above MT? I honestly thought LR was a bit boring and lacking in airtime. It is fun in a group though and the racing element is great, but MT blows it out of the water.
Yeah I had to think about it because they're both about equal in my mind but I really enjoyed the racing aspect of it so that put it just above MT for me. I'm not all about airtime (beast is one of my favourites) so that wasn't a deal breaker. I also actually didn't hate gwazi as much as some so this reminded me of it....except it was rideable! It rides great at night with the lights. I really enjoyed the racer creds too because of the racing, think it just adds something extra for me. MT is very good though, I'd rate it very highly.

Last edited:

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
1. White Lightning - No roughness, great small layout, and pure fun throughout.
2. Thunderhead - If this ride was much smoother, it would easily take the top.
3. InvadR - I'm surprised that this ride was as good as it came out to be.
4. Apocalypse - Wasn't too bad when I rode it last time, but since I heard it got rough again, I would like to see this get a complete re-track like GhostRider.
5. Lightning Racer - Not rough, but pretty jerky with the racing only keeping things interesting.
6. Gwazi - Ouch.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Just parsed through this thread and it’s left me amazed. I’ve been on most of the U.S. GCIs (except Gold Striker), and for me there are two that stand above the rest. A select few of you get Renegade the way I do — an absolutely phenomenal coaster, especially at night — and then there is for me a criminal under-appreciation here of American Thunder, which, during the day, is better than Renegade (but Renegade’s night ride is so astounding that I’d have to say it’s the best overall). These two coasters have such amazing airtime that flings the riders for miles; I just don’t understand how people could possibly rate some of these other GCIs above these two.

(Disclaimer: I’m not saying there’s a correct view here — all subjective, etc. — just my perspective, etc.)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Man, I started this a year ago almost and haven't updated it since!

Renegade
Mystic Timbers
American Thunder
Lightning racer
Thunderhead
InvadR
Roar (SFA)
Wildcat
Kentucky Rumbler
Apocalypse
Gwazi

It's a family GCI but it still packs a bit of a punch. Some nice air hills here and there, I like the interaction with the valley. It felt like a baby Mystic Timbers in a sense, though clearly toned down for a family demographic. As a casual history geek I have a huge problem with the ride's backstory (even as historical fiction there's a huge flaw in timeline and tech level) and the theming felt kind of low effort after you walk under that battering ram, so that I'd classify as a legitimate shortcoming and not just "it's a family coaster."

Luca B

Mega Poster
Haven't ridden too many GCIs, but here is my list:

1- GhostRider (If you count it) - It has some incredible moments, it is really smooth. Back row night ride is one of the best coaster experiences I have had.
2- Thunderhead - I rode it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it is incredible, it is not that rough (I would say it is smoother than Wodan), it has lots of snappy airtime moments and it has really intense laterals.
3- Wodan Timbur Coaster - Really fun, it feels very similar to Thunderhead however the forces are not as sustained. It has cool theming and a pretty fun drop.
4- Heidi The Ride - It is really smooth, really fun and has loads of fairly good airtime, however it lacks intensity.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
1. Mystic Timbers - With a great layout, a good mix of forces, and no shakiness that would take away any excitement, this is my favorite GCI by a landslide.
2. White Lightning
3. InvadR
4. Thunderhead - Re-rode this recently and got barely anything really exciting from the ride until near the very end due to the ride's continuous shakiness.
5. Apocalypse
6. Lightning Racer
7. Gwazi

Pear

Strata Poster
1. Mystic Timbers
2. Thunderhead
3. Troy
4. Wodan
5. Apocalypse
6. Lightning Racer
7. InvadR
8. White Lightning
9. Wildcat
10. Roar (SFA)

New in bold.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I haven't ridden all that many but...
1) Troy
2) Wodan
3) Wicker Man
4) Joris en de Draak - both Vurr and Waser (or whatever they were) are fairly similar
5) Heide

Snoo

The Legend
Renegade is no mediocre ride.

I mean.. my favorite GCI is American Thunder at SFStl and Renegade isn't exactly a mine blower. Yeah, it may not be mediocre but it's no stunner and the rest of the park isn't exactly star studded either.

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean.. my favorite GCI is American Thunder at SFStl and Renegade isn't exactly a mine blower. Yeah, it may not be mediocre but it's no stunner and the rest of the park isn't exactly star studded either.
Renegade certainly isn't a mine blower... Renegade's a GCI, whereas Mine Blower is a Gravity Group! ;)

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
DID YOU JUST CALL RENEGADE MEDIOCRE!!!!!!!:mad:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I LOVE American Thunder and since you didn’t have Renegade on your list, I was basically recommending it based on your love of AT. Little did I suspect you’ve bought a one-way ticket to Nutty Town and you somehow consider these two vastly different rides.

Have you ridden Renegade at night?? It combines a dollop of Voyage’s night-time insanity with a big helping of AT’s bob-and-weave airtime. Pure sublimeness.