What's new

Qatar, Hong Kong, People's Republic of China - COMPLETE

Ben

CF Legend
Well, this trip has officially started and we're currently boiling our tits off in Doha, Qatar.

It's nice but GOD is it a headache to get stuff sorted here.

And Ramadan is a bit of a BURDEN <///3

More later...

Jake

Strata Poster
Re: Qatar, Hong Kong, Macau and China 2011

Got the first cred of the trip (in the Doha shopping mall) today. It was a spinner which didn't spin. It was vulgar.

Ben

CF Legend

Oh God the "Spinner" today was horrid...

Currently holding my eye in pain from where it punched me <///3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Any chance of a proper trip report this time boys? I'm actually interested in reading about this trip!

So far, so good. Spinners are vulgar.

Jake

Strata Poster

^ Haha, there will be, but it's such a long trip I'll post stuff in here as we go along so I don't forget everything. Plus, Facebook is blocked in China so for the majority of the trip we won't be able to post anything on there (unless we can get around the block, which is more difficult on a phone than it is on a laptop) ;)

Ben

CF Legend

Ok update on Hong Kong...

Ocean Park was well busy but we did everything - the B&M is miles away from being finished though. Also parts of the park that are new are really nice but the older stuff is a bit dumpy... I loved the Arrow though!

Disney was great, really nice. They do need more but that's coming and what they have is great. A lot like California the park is so with just more it'll be up there as one of the best Disney parks.

Decided not to bother with Burdenous Island because the weather was crap and we wanted to go to the hostel in Shenzhen where I am now mincing <3

Jake

Strata Poster

Shenzhen area update.

Crappy Valley is a dump. 2 hours for Kumali? Ugh. Had to do it though.

Chimelong Paradise was nice... Colossus was better than our colossus, but that isn't saying much. The booster bike was worse than Velocity though, I think. The half pipe was vile. The dive machine was amazing though <3.

Chuanlord Manor (kinda near chimelong, has 7 creds) was a highlight. Got on s looping toboggan, and omg, I thought I was going to die. We were nearly too tall for it, and they had to remove all the padding from the seats to allow our legs more room to stretch out. The other coasters were ghetto, but the toboggan took the cake. Oh, and they have duck circling, the best game ever where you throw rings around ducks in a pond. Real ducks.

China <3

Nearly forgot, Mountain Flyer is my new favourite woodie. A. Maise. Ing.

nadroJ

CF Legend

The looping toboggan looks like death, but love how the lift hill is themed to a tree haha <3 Also a plus that you aren't enclosed in a capsule of death like the one at Clacton </3. Chuanlord Manor looks amazing.

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Qatar, Hong Kong, a Macau and China 2011

Chaunlord was just amazing. The mosto ghetto fabulous place ever.

Yesterday we had a horrid 20 hour train journey in cattle class. People were standing and there was actual faeces on the floor.

Rocked up in Shanghai though and went to Happy Valley today. Got our other Dive Machine which was fab, Mega Lite that was also fab and a great woodie. But the operations were dire. Awful operations mind. It was DEAD and we still waited two hours for the Woodie </3 one train on everything in this country vom.

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Thorpe Park and Florida

Went on the only Vekoma Stingray today. There's a reasonsl there's only one.

Jake

Strata Poster

Oh, and the knock-off shuttle loops are fakking sickkk. <3

Martyn

Giga Poster

Hahaha, love your experimental topic title.

It's the only reason I looked at this topic, tbh.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Ben said:
I loved the Arrow though!
I do hope that's sarcasm, Dragon was so damn painful!!

Glad you boys are enjoying yourselves (yeah lol that you went during Ramadan - I bet nothing's open!). Looking forward to your thoughts on Mountain Flyer...

Ollie

CF Legend

Why does the topic title say Thorpe Park and Florida? Or am I missing the joke?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ You're missing the joke.

Tbh, I'm waiting for photos and proper reports, but I'm enjoy the "status" style updates.

Ben

CF Legend

Sue I just found Dragon to be super quick and intense, tbh. Jake weren't a fan though.

Mountain Flyer was just crazy awesome. So fast and intense, but smooth. A perfect GCI. if you like Troy you're in for a treat...

Today was World Joyland. What a HOLE. It looks fab in pics but as you'll see from the photos we have it's a dive. Some stupid policies too - they make you take watches off on coasters but give you a wristband for the compulsory locker? The Flyer was crazy good though, that zero g thing followed by the loop was fantastic.

Jake

Strata Poster

The new B&M flyer at World Joyland is AMAZING. So obscene having that crazy zero g thing straight into a loop... Insane.

Shame the rest of the park is a complete dump, really. Such a disappointment. The theming is spectacular, but up close looks tatty and worn. The whole park feels rushed and unfinished (paint, cement etc spilled on the floor and not cleaned up). Oh, and an hour for a mine train with 2 lift hills running one train? What a dive.

Don't get me started on the locker / loose article policies.

Dump.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

The locker thing sounds ridiculous!

Thanks for the heads up on Mountain Flier, I can't wait. And yes, I <3 Troy, so I'll be sure to have a bit of a crisis at Knight Valley lol.

I'm loving these little reports, I keep going off to see where you are and check out places I've never heard off. Keep them coming guys :D

Jake

Strata Poster

Ok, we survived the bullet train and have just been out for dinner in Beijing. This is defo more 'Chinese' than Shanghai, stereotypically of course, it's cute.

On our last day in Shangz we ended up doing the zoo (they have a cred). Wasn't the biggest fan really... I don't really care about animal rights but was quite shocked at the conditions some of the animals were living in. Poor pandas </3.

After the zoo we went to check out a carnival which we'd seen an advert for on the metro, and got 4 bonus creds! 4 Pinfaris <3.