What's new

PUSHING DAISIES To Come Back As A Musical?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would love to see this come back as a Netflix series or even a movie, but I'm not so sure about a one-off musical.

url-1.jpeg

Among the worst of the fallout from the WGA writer’s strike back in 2008 was that it led to the cancellation of Bryan Fuller’s brilliant television series Pushing Daisies. Debuting to high ratings back in 2007, Pushing Daises was a quirky comedy starring Lee Pace, Anna Friel, and Kristen Chenowith about a pie-maker gifted with the mysterious ability to reanimate the dead by touching them. However, if something or someone was revived for more than exactly one minute, a similar “life value” nearby falls over dead, as a form of cosmic balance. The show only aired nine episodes before the WGA went on strike. Almost a whole year later, the show came back; however, all but hardcore fans had forgotten the series, and audiences abandoned it. The series ended on a cliffhanger nearly five years ago, and I’m still not over it.

Speaking to E! News, series creator Bryan Fuller says that he’s been talking to Warner Brothers and director Barry Sonnenfeld about reviving the series as either a movie or a Broadway musical starring Kristin Chenoweth. ”I would love to do a musical and make it all about Kristin Chenoweth and her character, Olive Snook; I think it would be incredible!” Although the idea of a Netflix revival was considered, Fuller says he prefers the idea of a movie “because you have higher impact and it also has an iconography.” Also, with his hands full with hit show Hannibal, he might not have time for another series. Whether it’s a movie or a musical (can’t we have both?) this is the news that patient Pushing Daisies fans have been wanting to hear for a long time now.
Source: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/02/report-pushing-daisies-to-come-back-as-a-musical/