What's new

PTR Hersheypark 5-29

tribar

Mega Poster
So Hersheypark is a pretty good park. Day started out rough with Skyrush being closed, Sooperdooperlooper having only one train and Skyrush opening with a 2 and a half hour wait (or says the ride op)

Comet- 5/10 I was expecting the ride to be more like Blue Streak at CP but besides the first drop the ride had minimal airtime. But hey it's 66 year old family coaster so i guess is shouldn't expect so much

Sooperdooperlooper- 6/10 Loop wasn't as intense as i thought it would be and it was only running one train at the beginning of the day. Nothing special

Great Bear- 7/10 Good invert but not as good as B:TR (SFGAm) or Raptor

Fahrenheit- 8/10 An hour wait with little shade in 90 degree weather. Not my cup of tea. Vertical Lift and 97 degree drop was fun and the ride had a decent amount of airtime but not as good as i thought it would be

Wild Mouse- 5/10 Kind of Rough. Don't really have much more to say about this one just your typical wild mouse

Lightening Racer- (Lightenting 8/10) (Thunder 7/10) Only one train per side and extremely slow dispatches. Luckily this line was as about as short as it could be. Good ride. The reason Thunder is rated below Lightenting is because somehow during the ride the lap bar slipped and i found myself stapled into the seat

Stormrunner- 9/10 Although short this ride had everything a good coaster should have. Loads of airtime, short waits, Launch, and great inversions. The flying snake dive had to be the best element i've been on in my 56 coasters.

Trailblazer- 5/10 Better than Cedar Creek Mine Ride but nothing great. Nearly empty station made me happy

Sidewinder- 7/10 Yes you read correctly I actually enjoyed this ride. Going backwards was a real treat and between the new trains and me bracing my entire body the ride wasn't bad

Wildcat- 3/10 Had the same problem as Thunder plus the ride was very rough. Reminded me of Mt Olympus. Easliy the worst ride in the park and i couldn't wait for it to be over

Skyrush- 9.5/10 I don't know how this happned but this ride's wait went form 2 and a half hours to 10-15 mins. This ride was jammed pack with ejector airtime. Every hill shot your out of your seat. Very good addition to HP

Now onto the pictures

284.jpg

283.jpg

I'm a jolly rancher!!!

194.jpg

249.jpg

250.jpg

INSANITY!!!

252.jpg

253.jpg

254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Great PTR.

My god, they REALLY need to paint Storm Runner. It's looking so bleached at the moment.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Fahrenheit also looks like it need a new lick of paint aswell.
Anyway great trip report, sound like Skyrush is great.

tribar

Mega Poster
Wow i really need to proof read these. I have more pictures that somehow didn't get added

257.jpg

Fahreheit is a very photogenic ride

258.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

262.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

271.jpg

274.jpg

279.jpg

280.jpg

282.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
tribar said:
Skyrush- 9.5/10 I don't know how this happned but this ride's wait went form 2 and a half hours to 10-15 mins.
It's always like that other than on Fridays & Saturdays, when so many people show up in the evening to take advantage of the free preview with the next day's ticket.
The queue line in the morning is always long when everyone is in that side of the park, but let's up in the afternoon when everyone moves on to the rest of the park. 2:30pm-5pm is the shortest wait for SkyRush or Great Bear, Comet & Sooperdooperlooper for that matter.

Nice PTR BTW. :)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Wow! Those are some great pics indeed.

Indeed, Skyrush does that. 2.5 hours to 45 mins on opening day
Last visit, Hour Ten t 20 minutes!
We tried to do the park in reverse and actually saw the mobs migrating away from it!

tribar

Mega Poster
Too bad i did Sooperdooperlooper in the morning as well. One train in the morning , two at night