What's new

PTR:(Alton) Denmark, Germany

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm really enjoying this PTR, it sounds like you had a great time visiting all these parks.

Thanks for sharing.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Brilliant trip report. Brings back some good memories and yes we did all have the safety gear and wait on the tower at Friheden.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That Piraten one... <3

Might try and get that in the top banner if that's OK with you?

davidm

Strata Poster
^ sure.

theres 2 'wide' piraten ones, that panorama and a single shot earlier in the thread from the other end of the ride that would work I think.

Martyn B

CF Legend
5844629255_0a5c624bed_z.jpg

Thats hideous, though it is good know that its not just us Brits that have the moaning locals.

5844984921_58557f2c3b_z.jpg

Grrr, the crest of that lift hill makes me angry. SO big! :evil:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I really enjoyed spending a whole hour reading through your PTR, David. Seems like you've had a really good time, and nice to get a viewpoint of parks which - aside from Euro-lives - not many people go to and report back on.

Ohhhhh, Piraten <3 It is wanted so much...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice, but it would be perfect with a train about half-way down the exit from the Immelmann.

:D

andrus

Giga Poster
Wow, you have some awesome pictures there! I've got me a new Krake-wallpaper as well! ^^

I'm glad to read that you shared my opinion of Krake. It really is a great ride! The drop might be a bit shorter than Oblivions, but the yummy air-time hill more than makes up for it :--D And the trains look really graceful flying through the layout as well! Consider yourself lucky though that you only had a 10 minutes queue, when I went this weekend the queue occasionally where 2 hours long..

Kebab

Giga Poster
Best PTR I've read through in a long while! Those pictures are incredible (my favourite is probably "enteroblivion") and the contrast in colours is mind-blowing! Absolutely magnificent report!

So, have a favourite moment of the trip? It all looks perfect, par a few lengthy queue times, but that would be a trip I would never forget.

You've actually inspired me to travel into Europe to try some of these parks, I've yet to visit Heide Park (I've been wanting to go for a while), but it's finally looking like a true world-class theme park, there is no doubt about it, I have to go there now!

Congratulations David! Thank you for that spectacular trip! :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Didn't know Karolinelund closed down. That **** apple coaster was my 100th haha.

Great PTR mate.