What one?

• PES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FIFA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I've been a Fifa man ever since they first released Fifa International Soccer in 1994. That is until Pro Evo 4 came out, and I was swayed massively. PES4 is an excellent game, and once you get over the initial disappointment of the lack of some real names, the gameplay is excellent, and just so real!

Pierre

Strata Poster
I've been a fan of ISS/PES/World Soccer Winning Eleven (yes it does have all those names!) since ISS '98 on the PS1. PES4 is the best football game I've ever played!

A

Anonymous

Ok. This is the best poll ever.Its a shame that pes doesnt have the real player names or sponsers, but its not needed really. The free kicks on fifa are jus great. But the shots on pro are really good once u get used to them. Ive buried bare keepers when I take shots. Its so fun :p Ive always been a fifa guy since fifa 97. I used to hate pro 3 because i thought it was jus rubbish. But PES4 has my vote. Definatly my favourite game of 2004. And in my top 10

joe

Mega Poster
The ball is more free on PES. Thats why I likke it. And once you do all the situation traning challenges and lean some tricks its very easy. I like the PES point system you can buy featuers. The master leage is a brilliant feature. So PES for me.

P.S I have played the new FIFA street that is good, FIFA is improveing but it still is not as good as PES IMO.

Sam

Giga Poster
PES has better game play, but I'm still going to go for FIFA, the 'unoficialness' of PES makes me laugh and the PATHETIC names of the clubs are a joke. 'North london red' and 'man blue'

WTF?

The career mode on fifa is super and the stadiums that are actually real look pretty damn amazing.

c&r

Mega Poster
^well, that was one of the crappest reasons for not liking a game I've ever heard in my life. Pro evo 4 outstrips fifa by absolute miles in my mind. Its just the control, and the goal scoring is much better on evo IMO

thx

Mega Poster
I've played Fifa since 1998 and I think it's great. What I don't understand is that why did fifa98 have about 170 nationalteams and fifa 05 has only about 40. I haven't played PES yet, therefore I vote for fifa (might be a stupid reason, because I've only heard, read good things about PES, hopefully I'll play it soon and my opinion might change after playing it).

Sam

Giga Poster
c&r said:
^well, that was one of the crappest reasons for not liking a game I've ever heard in my life.

What, the fact that there is no atmosphere? The clubs don't have real names or stadiums, some clubs players' don't even have the right names.

Each to is own. I had PES and took it back and got FIFA instead, I much prefer FIFA.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
thx said:
why did fifa98 have about 170 nationalteams and fifa 05 has only about 40

Fifa 98 was the Road to the World Cup edition, so therefore featured all the teams in the world cup qualifying stages, but no league teams from what I remember, just international teams. All other Fifas since have featured both, so only have the top national teams, and club teams from many leagues around the world. It's a shame they don't feature more international teams actually, because I find they usually produce the best games.

A

Anonymous

Actually Fifa 98 and Fifa Road to the World Cup were two seperate games that EA brought out in the same year (they love doing that sort of thing). And they should never have taken the 5-a-side football out, that was great fun.

As for PES not having the real player names (and it has most of them), so what? It doesn't effect the gameplay one bit, use your imagination or something.

The only good thing Fifa has going for it is online play, and PES5 will have that when it comes out in September.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Exactly, if you're that bothered about the real names not being on PES, you can find lists on the internet of the real names and enter them yourself. My mate has just done all the teams, it doesn't make the game any different, it's still as excellent.

joe

Mega Poster
You could just buy a cheat disk from a local gameing shop, and then it makes all the names correct, and the comentators say the correct names aswell.

A

Anonymous

PES is by far the greater game, I've heard all this rubbish about 'off the ball control' being genius, when I've played it and quite frankly, I thought PES does that just as well naturally. As for licsenses, ok it doesnt have the English leagues but it has most of the foreign ones like Real Madrid, on PES4 anyway. Theres nothing like belting a drive shot with Roberto Carlos from the edge of the box, and with FIFA, once you know where the goal is you can virtually score from anywhere with a decent player. And not to mention master league mode, it rules. I dont know about anyone else but I thought it was funny seeing the whole Dutch team being called 'Oranges #14' etc on PES2.

A

Anonymous

I want to buy PES4 now but all the shops Ive called are sold out. Buffon is the best keeper in the game. Cant score no free shots or free kicks. Inter have the worst control. Adriano has no first touch. Toldo is rubbish. Nedved has the most annoying hair. Liverpool dont have a defence. Cisse is old :p (white hair ;-) ). Ashley cole thinks hes a CF, and so does Gary neville and rio ferdinand. And the keepers do the most patronising saves. As you can see, Ive been playing it too much recently. The lob goals are just frustrating.

Its broken up me and my 2 friends friendship.

But what a game

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Fifa was my favourite intil i got into PES3 and from there i have been a Pro Evolution fan. The gameplay on Pro Evo is so much better than it is on Fifa.