What's new

Predator - Gerstlauer Freecoaster [FINISHED. VIDEO]

Kebab

Giga Poster
Look what happens when Merlin gets a little pissed off by Flamingo Land. :twisted:

Predator.jpg

[3D's aren't mine!]

Brookes

Giga Poster
Nice idea and nice intergration with the scenery, but if them brakes aren't strong enough, that immelman could be really uncomfortable and it looks quite bumpy. Would like to see more layout though.

A

Anonymous

You should change the brakes to magnetic ones, just hide the normal ones and add LIM transports to that brake section, also be sure that they don't have the "Block" option checked.

The top of the Immelmann looks misshapen, the top should be more round, ie. the section where the three support tubes are connected to should be moved backwards and a but upwards.

Looks to be a really cool concept though.

Kebab

Giga Poster
This is only a very small project of mine, I only intended it to be an experiment due to me still learning NoLimits, so I used Rotzi's Atlantis Adventure Rock Terrain 3D's, to teach myself for certain things like terrain interaction and theming. The coaster itself is rather rushed, but in the end I thought it was looking decent-ish to show my progress on CF. :)

Yes I am still a noobie, so don't expect anything to like Ollie's quality of coasters for example, and this is just a little "experiment", lets say. It's "different", as I always like to be different with everything I do, so I hope you like it.

Updates soon....

Slash

Giga Poster
Ollie's coasters are good but not incredible. His 3Ds are however amazing. I sit there eyes wide whenever I see Ollie's 3Ds. If your talking about the actual coaster though, think Loefet or bob_3_

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Can't forget about him.

I like the idea. It reminds me of Steel Hawg. I would like to see more of the layout though.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Small update
More layout..?

Bobsled-090519210229000.jpg

Announced for: Chessington World of Adventure

Discuss and argue! :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
^What if there is a re-design of restraints? Still keeping the lapbar but larger and forms to the body more (e.g. Blue Fire), and there are handlebars attached to the sides of the restraints (TOT Style), so you can grip effectively.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Sorry for the double post but I been working a lot on this coaster recently.

The new model type is called a Gerstlauer Freecoaster, a technologically improved Gerstlauer Bobsled. The trains and system have been re-designed so it can handle a wider range of elements such as inversions and that which can be found on Euro-Fighters. It enables freedom for designers to build any possibility they want with minimum restrictions, and it's cheap, and can be very compact so it is flexible for any theme park. Due to its low height restriction of 1.2, it can be enjoyed by the whole family, and with additional features it can be essential for younger thrill seekers. The restraints don't rely on OTSR's, as their new special lapbar designs give a comfortable and safe trip, for any size.

Predator is the first custom design of the new model, Merlin wanted something unique and different for Chessington, but keeping to a "family" friendly pattern that is found in the park.

I've nearly finished supporting the coaster now, and after that I will add some additional agriculture and theming to top it all off :)

Predator-090520153858000.jpg

Oh and Gerstlauer has released some statistics!

Name: Predator
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Make/Model: Gerstlauer Amusement Rides Gmbh/ Custom Freecoaster

Speed: 35 mph
Height: 54'
Max drop: 58'
Length: 983'
Inversions: 1 (Immelmann)
G Force: 4.5 G
Max vertical angle: 145 degrees

Trains: 3 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 4 riders per car.

Riders must be 1.2m or taller to ride.

EDIT: Because this is getting nothing from nobody, I managed to finish the project, and well, I'm not triple posting so I'll add to this one :)

I'll leave an image of the complete layout, and I'll promise a video and download shortly.

Predator-090525205906000.jpg

Kebab

Giga Poster
I have no choice but to bump this. A video is up :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVJPTNuunmM&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

A POV video will also be coming soon, so will a download, so keep waiting.

Ollie

CF Legend
I think it looks pretty neat. Love the way it interacts with the scenery and the terrain. It's got a smooth twisty layout and it looks really nice as well.
Looking forward to more. :)

Oh and I'd work on that bridge thing a bit as well. The supports used there are too big, either try making it out of 3D's of used thinner supports.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm not going to improve on Predator, well not yet, but I'll take all of your comments into concern as I'm gradually developing my NoLimits skills, and thus in the future I can look back on my older projects (ala Rusty Jack and Predator), and compare the difference in newer projects

Dave: Like I said above, I'll take this into concern next time I do a project with similarities to this, and looking on it I do agree that the section does look "unstable". Thanks for pointing that out :)

The Grape Wizard: Thanks for mentioning that, I wasn't expecting too much of this, it was a practise for me alone after all.

Ollie: Also, thanks. I'm working my way up from compact coasters, to larger coasters as I progress, but living in the UK, I become easily inspired by compact coasters such as those at Alton. It does have a few nasty bumps, but thats mainly because I decided to rush the layout and work pretty much entirely on the theming. I'm going to give Wings3D a go for my next project hopefully, I'm completely new to it but I've heard it's pretty easy to catch onto.

Brad: I had the same thoughts at first, but I was thinking of which park Merlin can use to compete against Flamingoland's Mumbo Jumbo. Well, Thorpe already has Saw; Alton already is building something new for next year, and Chessington is in need of something. I was taking Merlin (being a new owner of the park), as advantage to risk take. But a drop of that steepness placed ina family park is rather stupid :)