What's new

Potential RMC for Kings Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I apologise in advance if this thread is unnecessary or if it would be better in General Discussions & Opinions, but a load of Redditers have reportedly been going crazy because a photo of Fred Grubb at Kings Island was put on to Reddit. Now, this has naturally stirred up rumours of an RMC for Kings Island in the near future. So what could it be? I personally reckon it might be the first TRex Track, or possibly an IBox redo of Racer. I personally reckon a Topper Track is unlikely, as the park already has tons of woodies, as well as their last coaster being a woodie. What do you guys think Kings Island might be getting from RMC, if anything? And when do you reckon they might be getting it? I personally reckon 2020, as 2019 is already shaping up to be pretty busy for both RMC and Cedar Fair, and we would probably be seeing teasers if we were getting an RMC in 2019. If you want to know more about the background of this rumour, then the first couple minutes of this CanadaCoasterFan video should help you out:
Certainly an interesting one to watch!

Snoo

The Legend
No.

The "evidence" isn't anything resembling factual proof leading towards that assumption. People are throwing together random "occurrances" to piece together something that they want. This isn't even a rumor IMO. This is a 500ft flying ice cream cone stand at Cedar Point.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I’ve joked about wearing my RMC shirt to parks and having friends photograph me next to wooden coasters for a laugh, haha.

In all seriousness, Fred Grubb was there but I doubt it’s anything major. Usually Alan’s there if it’s for something major if I’m correct, unless he couldn’t make it. I’m guessing they just want them for maintenance, similar to what they did for Thunder Run.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh OK. Could a mod please lock and/or delete this thread, if they wouldn't mind?

I only thought it sounded like an interesting rumour, but nothing's on Screamscape either.

Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.