What's new

PortAventura Halloween event 2015

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Press release from PortAventura about their Halloween event. I've highlighted the highlights! Sounds good - anybody going?

PortAventura, 21st October 2015 - PortAventura Resort has been transformed for yet another year of monstrously good fun. The start of the new Halloween season builds on the park’s existing 15-year legacy of eerie entertainment and promises to be the best yet.
Halloween_Port_Aventura_1.jpg

Halloween has become one of the annual highlights of the resort and is a must for families and young people looking for a ghoulishly good time. Each year the park is decorated with pumpkins, bats and spiders, and filled with zombies, vampires and other monstrous creatures to guarantee an unforgettable experience. As a result, more than 5.5 million visitors have enjoyed Halloween at PortAventura over the last 15 years, of whom 1.3 million were foreign visitors, predominantly French, English, Irish and Russian nationals.
Halloween_Port_Aventura_REC.jpg

“Selva del Miedo”: Longest terror walk in Europe

A lot has been achieved during the last 15 years to create this success. Milestones include "Selva del Miedo" – the longest terror walk in Europe and the home-grown supply of more than 12,000 pumpkins required for the entire season.
Pasaje_Port_Aventura_Tramo_REC_1_1.jpg

PortAventura returns with a special seasonal schedule full of surprises to mark the 20th Anniversary of the park. Until 15th November, fun is guaranteed thanks to new attractions and about 150 weekly performances of numerous shows that have been transformed by the spirit of Halloween. Up to 160 professional actors, dancers, acrobats, and stunt performers who will combine their talents to put on an unforgettable season of monster magic.
MIR_3875.jpg

The other areas of the park will also be filled with hair-raising special effects. In México, visitors will enjoy the new show “La Muerte Viva” (The Living Dead), based on the remarkable folklore of "Day of the Dead". In China lovers of mystery and music won’t want to miss the incredible "Halloween Escape", starring World Champion Skipping Rope Performer, Adrienn Banhegyi. Rising from the grave again is the now-legendary show "Vampires", while the new "Old Wild Halloween" in the Far West area will see Emma’s House restaurant temporarily converted to “La Posada de la Familia Halloween”, giving diners the opportunity to enjoy a spine-chilling dinner show while getting to know the ghoulish family.
MIR_3791.jpg

Mediterrània will host the "Halloween Parade" at the close of each day, featuring crazy vehicles and creepy characters; and "Horror en el lago", which will once again turn the PortAventura Lake into the stage for a spectacular display of fire, fireworks and music from beyond the grave, starring a monstrous dragon and the sinister character of Death.

The infamous terror walks are also back, including the outstanding "REC EXPERIENCE" passage inspired by the famous film franchise. Guests will walk through an inhospitable passage and, whilst running for their lives with special effects, petrifying noises and atmospheric scenery.
Pasaje_Port_Aventura_REC_4_1.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I went a few days ago for 5 days, very disappointed with the whole event, the mazes had strange opening hours what killed any atmosphere they could have had at night, not many roaming actors at all and very very poor run throughs on Selva Del Miedo, just letting a constant conga line of people through!
One thing I will say though is how fantastic REC is! It was absolutely terrifying, the theming was top class and it was filled with actors everywhere! Top maze what saved the whole event for me!
The parade and night time lake show was also fantastic and had a great atmosphere! The park was so beautifully themed in Mediterranean area and the Far West area. China wasn't touched with any event theming.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
The only reason I'd wanna go back is for the Day of the Dead stage show, that is literally IT. I noticed that the event was really declining in production value since Edu left the company and I stopped going for it. It used to be such a phenomenal event with an amazing atmosphere, now, I wouldn't bother.