What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Ben

CF Legend
It's so awesome <3

It's up there with Behemoth as my fave hyper - it just goes on for days and has fab airtime.

And the ampersand into the speed hill <3

Lofty

CF Legend
^ SO happy to hear you say that, I remember how good you thought Behemoth was. Majorly excited for next month.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Today Shambhala had a 3 hour line:

th720_946c24627ea640e21b0f6b79d6836dae.jpg

This is unbelievable considering it should eat 1,600 pph...

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Why would the park be so busy on a random Thursday? Or have the schools in Spain already finished for summer?

Just curious as I was planning to go PA next week and if I was going to get 3hour queues I'm glad I decided against it...

Glad to see Shambhala is getting nothing but good reviews though!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Some schools finished on Thursday, Spanish A levels are over and so are some degrees from university. Combine all of this with a lot of heat and good weather and wham! You get a 3h + line to ride Shambhala.

Besides, PA is working on the lighting system from the splash pond, so it has been drained. So, the splash effect is not working :(

oriolat2

Giga Poster
And here you can see how a-ma-zing the splash looks at night. Not only it has chasing jets, but also chasing lights. If you look closely, you can also see what was rumoured: Shambhala's zero car features orange LEDs (similar to those on Hollywood Dream: The Ride at USJ):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFllxw6YrVs[/youtube]

I am going to the park on Saturday for the late night opening (park will be open until 4am) so hopefully I will bring more pictures.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Re: Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Best coaster ever made. No. It is really really really REALLY good though. My #3

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Youngster Joey said:
Best coaster ever made. No. It is really really really REALLY good though. My #3

LOL. Surely if it was the "best coaster ever made" it would have made your #1...

I agree with Lofty, Shambhala is VERY good (I'd give it a 8,5/10) but not as amazing as you'd expect from something that big.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
oriolat2 said:
Youngster Joey said:

LOL. Surely if it was the "best coaster ever made" it would have made your #1...

I agree with Lofty, Shambhala is VERY good (I'd give it a 8,5/10) but not as amazing as you'd expect from something that big.

bmac said:
I think he meant to put a ? at the end of the "best coaster ever" bit...

Woops. Stupid phone. there was supposed to be a question mark. Either way it is a great ride at night in the very front.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
well ive gotta say, shambhala is my number one. Fantastic first drop (especially with a little airtime-gap) and relentless pace the entire course.

To say it in english, its worth booking a flight to reus to go ride this beuty.

rich210uk

Mega Poster
Never been on a Hyper before and was lucky enough to ride Shambhala 12 times in a row and it was great fun! Comfortable, nice to look at and a great addition to PortAventura.