Port Aventura or Alton Towers?

• Port Aventura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alton Towers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spicy

Giga Poster
Whats your favourite out of the two parks?

You got top quality coasters at both parks both got top quality theming ok AT's theming is debateable (sp?) in places, port aventuras is more than consistent throughout, but Which ever way you look at it, both are really good parks. My dad calls Port aventura "Alton Towers in the sun" :lol:

Anyway, my personal favourite is Port aventura whats yours?

A

Anonymous

i'd have to say Alton towers on this one, i've never actually been to Port aventura but have heard its really good. I am also a huge fan of AT and dont like to see it get beaten by the likes of Thorpe park and CWOA.

bladeboy

Roller Poster
Port Aventura

I have thought about this one logically and broke it down to the following:

Roller Coasters

Dragon Khan is better than any roller coaster in AT. El Diablo is quite good. Stampida is even better than Grand National. Tami Tami and Tomahawk are really good. Best children's roller coasters ever. Tomahawk is really good as it's custom desinged. Tami tami is off the shelf but themeing makes it superior to the Beastie. But overall AT edges a win due to numbers. And Nemesis, Oblivion, Air and Rita combined are better than Dragon Khan. But with the new coaster in 2007 it will be more evenly matched.

Thrill Rides

PA wins hands down here. They have many good thrill rides inlcudine: Drop Tower, That spinny ride called Serpiente Emplumada and their huss brakedance. In comparison with just Ripsaw, Submission and Enterprise in AT. Port Aventura wins round 2.

Water Rides

Again goes to Port Aventura. They have three amazingly good water rides. Silver River Flume has a massive final drop and some good themeing that is much better than The Flume. I do have to admit though that Congo River Rapids is better than the rapids in PA. And Tutukki Splash is just great.

Children Rides

PA again wins here because of great themeing. AT also go for portable children's ride like Bouncing Bugs. PA has many good ones that look permenant. PA also intergrates the children's rides with adult rides which is much more convinient to parents in contrast with seperate lands in AT.

Themeing/Shows

The themeing is good in both parks but much more consistent in PA. There are also so many great shows in PA compared with 2 in AT.

So overall i prefer Port Aventura

Port Aventura - 4
Alton Towers - 1

A

Anonymous

Well i've been to both and they are both very impressive parks ! But i will not say which i like best because they both have trilling coasters....
Alton Towers Has...
-Rita
-Nemesis
-Oblivion
-Corkscrew
-Air
and many more...

Port Aventura has...
-Dragon Kahn
-Stampida
-Tutuki Splash
-Hurukan Condor
and many more !

But i will say i prefer Alton Towers because it is closer to home :)

A

Anonymous

Port Aventura definately for 2007 ;)
ATM, though, I still prefer PA for 3 reasons:

You can tell that they have spent lots of money just improving the quality of the park. Very Clean, and amazing shows every peak night. There is lots for everyone, and the atmosphere is great :D

The Rides: Although there aren't many great rides, they are all very high quality and the theming is excellent. Dragon Khan (<3) and Hurakan Condor are not just bloody good rides, but the theming is excellent and really adds to the ride. (Although, the spanish ride ops are knobs :p)

The room.. PA is HUGE, which means LOADS of room for expansion, loads of room for TALL rides and so much room for THEMING.
Plus, its not the Costa Del Sol, so you don't have to worry about Chavs, Chewing Gum, of fat topless beer-bellied Brits :p
Oh, and its warm enough to go on the water rides, without a top at 10pm.

Oh.. and the prices are EXCELLENT. ?13 for a night ticket.. where there are no queues.

joe

Mega Poster
PA looks alot better, the themeing is good and so are the choice of coasters *drools over DK*. Plus theres alot more for the family, and its not supposed to be too busy.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I havent been to Port Aventura yet, but from what I have seen from pictures, videos and heard from people its a better park than Alton Towers with better themeing, so I'd say Port Aventura looks the better park.

Sam

Giga Poster
Once I'm driving (by the summer hopefully) I'm hoping to go for a road trip to Spain and sneak in a visit to PA whilst there- as of yet I've never visited the park. BUT- From looking at pictures of PA in all honesty I think I prefer AT- I prefer the rides there (OK, DK and HC look amazing at PA but I love the rids at AT so much and the park just has a special feel about it- Alton Towers on a quiet day with few queues would take some park to beat it)

Macrae

Roller Poster
PortaVentura definately! Hurakan Condor, Dragon Khan and Stampida are all incredible ride experiences.
Like g-angsta said its only ?13 for night tickets and when i went in 2005 it was dead, which meant Dragon Khan maratons!!!Also i'm going back there this year in August! :D

I personally don't like Alton Towers too much. Nemesis is fairly good as is Oblivion. However RITA and Air are hideous coasters.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
It's quite sad that I'm this shallow but PA has Hurakan Condor..... Anywhere with an amazing drop experience like that goes top on my list :D I must get there within the next few years as it's the closest tower ride of that height to us.

So yes, AT didn't impress me that much, sure a lot of the theming did but the rides aren't all that good :p So I'd definitely choose PA anyday. Which I could probably get to in not so much extra time than driving to AT haha.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Port Aventura kicks AT's ass like so much imo!!! Comparing my time spent at both parks, my time at PA will stay with me always whereas well AT just won't!! The theming at PA is just incredible compared to Alton, then there's the weather, rides and just so much more. So defo PA without a doubt!!

Ben

CF Legend
DetFreak said:
I must get there within the next few years as it's the closest tower ride of that height to us.

Nope, Scream's closer :lol:.

That doesn't stop PA beating the crap out of AT in terms of everything.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Problem with Scream is that while the tower's that high, it doesn't drop from anywhere near 330ft, its more like 250ft. Hurakan drops from much higher.

I've done PA, but i really don't remember it much. It was a nice place though, but seemed more theme park-y than Alton. To me, Alton still seems like a forest with some clearings, where you happen to find some rides. Makes it seem a lot more interesting to be honest.

A

Anonymous

Tough call, I've never been to either but Nemesis and Dragon Kahn are 2 of my favorites ever...