What's new

Podcasts

mouse

Giga Poster
At the moment I'm really into podcasts. There's literally a podcast for everything, there really is some excellent content out there! So what podcasts do we all listen to?

I'm listening to a couple of comedic interviews at the moment. I particularly enjoy Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre podcast in which the comedian interviews other comedians and notable people - although they often descend into deep irony, silliness and in-jokes. I also enjoy the Adam Buxton podcast, a similar format with both comedic and serious interviews with some really interesting people. I like various music themed podcasts, the main one at the moment being Song Exploder which consists of artists and producers breaking down the writing and production process of one of their tracks - very interesting!

Post your recomendations here!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Bit basic to mention the most downloaded podcast but I can't get enough of The Ricky Gervais Show. Karl is such a delight and the stuff he says always catches me off guard. I'll find myself snorting and chuckling to myself on the bus or walking down the street. The banter between the three of them is really natural (more so in the earlier XFM recordings you can find on YouTube where they're nicer to Karl) and I feel very relaxed and at ease listening to it.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I have a few to cover my other interests: Nintendo/video games and pro wrestling.

Nintendo Voice Chat - Weekly discussions on everything Nintendo. General focus is on new/upcoming games and other news.

Podcast of the Immortals - Weekly discussions on WWE.

Talk is Jericho - Very interesting whenever Chris Jericho invites another wrestler on to talk about their career.

Tell Me About You - Basically the host just sits down with a guest to discuss their life story. Doesn't sound interesting at first but I've listened to a couple and it's actually quite nice.

I've sort of been trying to find a good coaster enthusiast discussion podcast, but I haven't really been satisfied with anything yet.

Smithy

Strata Poster
James O Brien's interviews for the Joe UK podcasts are brilliant. Only really got into podcasts quite recently and my staples at the moment are;

Arseblog - The best Arsenal related podcast.

Guardian Football Weekly - There's a plethora of different football chat podcasts but this has been the best one I've found. Max Rushden is a great host, Barry Glendenning's dourness is usually funny and the regulars like Jonathan Wilson are interesting to listen to.

On The Continent - European football show from the Football Ramble guys, great weekly summary of European football.

The Spanish Football Podcast - Half hour weekly round-up from Sid Lowe and Phil Kitromeledes of all Spanish football. Brilliant insight, always funny and informative.

Athletico Mince - Bob Mortimer is a genius and utterly hilarious. Andy Dawson is godawful, unfunny, and is literally just there to allow me to recover from laughing so hard at Bob's last piece.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Athletic Mince is tremendous. Listened to the first 8 episodes on a flight to Florida and got told off for laughing too loud.

James F

Hyper Poster
If you like funny movie reviews and pop culture talk, check out Double Toasted. They have a website of podcasts as well as a YouTube channel. I have been a fan of their's since the spill.com days.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Yes, I do like RHLSTP (as all the cool kids are calling it) but listen to loads of other comedy ones: No Such Thing As A Fish, The Bugle, Answer Me This! The News Quiz Extra, that sort of thing. I like Dan Snow's History Hit and Janina Ramirez' Art Detective, and Robin & Josie's Book Shambles. An interesting new one is Russelll Kane's Evil Genius when they decide if the likes of John Lennon or Roald Dahl were good people or bad.