• Pneumatic Launch System

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hydraulic Launch System

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
_
I personally have never ridden a Pneumatic launched coaster.
But Power Keg's (one of S&S's air launched coasters) launch looks smooth as heck.

On the other hand Hydraulic Launch System's are always smooth a heck.

Which launch do you like better?

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I hav'nt been on a coaster with a Pneumatic Launch System and I have been on 2 Hydraulic launched coasters.

I will say Hydraulic for now because I loved both launches I have been on. But the launch on Dodonpa looks amazing.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I have to vote Hydraulic as I have never ridden a Pneumatic launch. They do look good though.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Well I've been on 3 hydraulic launches (Rita, Stelf and Kanonen) which were all really good, nice forces and very smooth. I'd love to ride Dodonpa though, I bet that's awesome. I've voted pneumatic because they're faster and seemingly more reliable, but it's almost a moot point becuase S&S launches aren't exactly popular.

Edit: Oops, got a bit confused there over what UC wrote. Hydraulic it is then!

I haven't been on a coaster which utilizes the pneumatic launch system, but let me just say they look absoloutely amazing, with extremely fast acceleration rates. Something I'd probably have to experience for myself to get a true understanding of how they feel.

Hydraulic launch, I think they're pretty great as well. I don't find them rough, and even though the acceleration is quite poor compared to the pneumatic launch system, it sure feels fast.

I won't vote because I've only experienced one out of the two, but for now I'm inclined to say hydraulic launch system.

I've voted pneumatic because they're faster and seemingly more reliable

They're not more reliable.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
AS long as they accelerate within a matter of seconds, that's what matters! :razz: