Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnum XL 200

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Phantom's Revenge

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
So out of these 3 Famous Arrows, which would you prefer to ride?

I think PMBO has great drop.
Magnum XL looks great airtime
And Phantoms revenge is like a mix of both :)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Phantom's Revenge is more Morgan then it is Arrow. Only the first hill and half of the second is still Arrow.

But I'll take that one. Nice layout, love the drop through Thunderbolt. I hear there's some really insane airtime on the thing as well and from the POV I'm pretty sure I'd take Phantom over the other two.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I have not been on any of them.

PMBO looks crap and nothing compared to the other 2. I always like the look of Phantom Revenge and I think it looks great but a bit short. I actually hav'nt seen much of Magnum. I will say Phantoms Revenge.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Hmm... it's a toughie between Magnum and Phantom. Both look like amazing rides, but I probably would rather ride Phantom.

The second drop just looks amazing, and the bunny hops at the end give some good airtime apparently.

Then again Magnum has lots of great airtime spots. I'm not sure.

Who's been on them both Magnum and Phantom and really knows which is best? I'd be interested to know.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Magnum by far.

Phtanom's Revenge does have a nice first and second drop leading into an intense helix, but the second half of the layout just pales in comparison to Magnum. Granted it does have bunny hops, but are nothing when compared with Magnum's return voyage over the airtime-filled humps.

Magnum simply has more airtime and a better layout.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Phantom's Revenge. It looks great going under Thunderbolt, I watched a coaster TV show featuring Phantom, and it looks amazing. PMBO is lacking in most areas, It is very rough, Has hardly any airtime and has awful trains.

I'd first like to point out I've only been on Magnum out of the three coasters, though, I think it's a tough call between Magnum and Phantom's Revenge.

Magnum looks like it has the better airtime out of the two, but less of the awesome looking turns that Phantom's Revenge has. Magnum also has a decent first drop.

Phantom's Revenge looks to have a lot of high speed curves and a superb first drop, but then it doesn't have as much airtime as Magnum has. I have to say though, it looks way better now than it did when it had inversions!

I think I may have to go with Magnum for now, until I can go on Phantom's Revenge to see if it's as good as it looks.

Pepsi Max Big One, well, I have watched some videos and seen some pictures, and it looks okay, but doesn't look as good as the other two.

Ben

CF Legend
Phantom's Revenge looks good, then it hits the brakes. That's it. It's a bit short.

PMBO is a joke of a hyper coaster.

Magnum looks the best.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
My personal favourite is Phantom's Revenge, but I can see why a lot of people like Magnum. And the less said about the Big One the better.

But I've done all of them. And I think there's only about 3 people on here who've done all 3. :lol:

Divv

Roller Poster
Shockwave said:
But I've done all of them. And I think there's only about 3 people on here who've done all 3. :lol:

I'll be happy to become the 4th next month then! I'm really looking forward to Phantom's Revenge, not so much Magnum. Not sure why really, maybe it just looks too similar to PMBO. Hopefully it will surprise me.

Snoo

The Legend
Hyde244 said:
Magnum by far.

Phtanom's Revenge does have a nice first and second drop leading into an intense helix, but the second half of the layout just pales in comparison to Magnum. Granted it does have bunny hops, but are nothing when compared with Magnum's return voyage over the airtime-filled humps.

Magnum simply has more airtime and a better layout.

Basically what I would say.. except would add that PMBO sucks hard. :lol:

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
I've ridden Magnum its really packs a punch with all that airtime.

PMBO, is long but its just eh.

PR, I say looks the best. Its 2ed drop just grabs my attiontion. (Going under the woddid and into the revine, you've got to love it)

So,PR.

Martyn B

CF Legend
After just watching a POV of Phantom, I'm definetly saying Magnum.

Phantom just looks quite boring to be honest, even though it looks like it has some strong burst of airtime on them tiny bumps.

I might even go as far as saying PMBO looks better :shock:

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Wow, I am surprised PR is winning. It looks soo boring from the pictures and POVs I have watched.

PMBO, I am not going to even comment....

Magnum for me all the way. Full of airtime, from start to finish.

-CPFreak-

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Well you're only a few hours away from it, so go ride it already!

Divv said:
Shockwave said:

I'll be happy to become the 4th next month then! I'm really looking forward to Phantom's Revenge, not so much Magnum. Not sure why really, maybe it just looks too similar to PMBO. Hopefully it will surprise me.

Yeah, Magnum is a really good ride, definetly one of the better Arrows and one of the best coasters at Cedar Point, and I can see why people rave about it a lot.

But my personal preference is for Phantom's Revenge every time. Kennywood is a nicer park, and I found the airtime is much more forceful than on Magnum, despite every trim brake they put on it - it makes no difference!

A

Anonymous

Having only riden PMBO out of those id say PMBO but i know its crappy for what it is but hey I guess they did the best they could with the money and space they had for it hum.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Having seen a lot of your posts, it would be a good idea to speck check and punctuate your posts if you wanna stay on the forums! I don't like banning people because their English is poor, but I'll sure as hell do it if people don't put in the effort.

^^Yeah, that really depends what you look for in a park.

At Kennywood we didn't go on the best of days. It was very, very busy. But that park has a lot of history still standing, and feels like an amusement park from days gone by, with some great modern influence. It had an air of Blackpool in the 90s about it, before things took a real turn for the worse.

Cedar Point was a good park with a very family-orientated atmosphere, but was rather sterile and bland in places. Cedar Fair has removed a lot of the older, more historical stuff that used to be in the park for newer, more up-to-date attractions which in turn will lose their styaing power a few years down the line.

But that's really for another topic.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Phantom's Revenge looks like an improvement on the old Phantom, but its so short. Mag looks long fast and fun. Pepsi max is good until the mid-break run, as that kills the ride completely.

Magnum for me.