Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plopsa water park on Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Will book Plopsa soon and see what everyone says about Asterix. If anyone knows of any more ticket deals then do keep them coming!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
STOP PRESS! HOLD THE PHONE AND SO ON!

Plopsaland has replied today saying they "processing my request" and will get back to me soon. Now, this means one of two things.
1. They are actually organising something which might take a few days.
2. They're booting us into the long grass.

From what I can gather from the Plopsa website, tickets can be bought online up to the day before our visit. I'm sorry if you have already bought a ticket but it might be worth holding off just a tad longer.

Still no word from Asterix. @Coaster Hipster, any chance you could confirm my question on the previous page, please?

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Too late lol.
Oh well, got my ticket already, but if the group rate is getting screwed over because of that, I'm more than happy to pay twice. Don't want to get your efforts go to waste Ian. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ha, I don't expect anybody to pay twice, although thank you, Neo! If they do some back with something, I'll explain that some have booked in advance etc. Tbh, I'm hoping for ERT on Anubis or Heide more than anything...but we shall see!

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Yeah. I bought a plopsaland ticket last night. But would agree with neo that I'm happy to pay again if it means something like ert !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I am away doing creds in Eastern France right now. I'll take care of your questions when I get back home tomorrow ;)
You can suggest me specific requests for Astérix I can ask the park in French too!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
In other news, my new passport arrived today :)
I literally only remembered last week that it had expired in May, and sent the application form off on Friday. Friday!
People were like "Ooh, cutting it a bit fine ain't ya, Howie? It takes 3 weeks y'know, you're going soon ain't ya? It'll be late..."

Nah man. 3 working days, boom!
I realise this is totally irrelevant to the thread in general, I just felt the need to share. Thanks.
As you were...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Reminds me of the time I couldn't find my passport the night before a Live. Looked everywhere and finally it was discovered in the parent's car - on the other side of London to where I was living then. That wasn't a fun trip.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Hi guys - Is there anyone driving from Parc Asterix to either Paris CDG Airport or central Paris on Sunday evening who has car spaces - ideally 2 spaces (myself and Nosythemeparkr)
Separate cars with one space each would be fine! - just let me know

Thanks

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Astérix told me it isn't possible to both book in advance and pay on the day. The group discount unfortunately has to be paid in one go and in advance. :(

That could leave us with the "Billet Malin" (Malins Ticket) at €36 as an alternative cheap discount for people over 25. Billet Malin is an individual non-refundable, non-exchanged and non-modified cheaper ticket only available for specific days. The park hasn't announced the specific discount days for July but told me it will be known by late June. You don't have to book days in advance. I suggest waiting until those special days are made public and then order online the tickets.

I'll keep you updated with any potential deals and coupons in the coming days/weeks.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thanks, CH.

There we go then, it's a case of booking tickets now or waiting until closer to the day and hoping for a discounted day. Also, don't forget to book the fast pass thing!

My plans have changed slightly, so there's a good chance I may be able to go, but it will probably be part of a bigger trip :)

I have a suggestion for post plopsa, 30 mins away is a lovely abbey which brews what many consider is the best beer in the world, and is not available anywhere else. I visited after a day at plopsa last time and it was lovely, they have a nice visitor centre where you can sample the beer and for non drinkers they make really nice cheese. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Looks like that place is roughly on the way to Asterix so could be fun. Since I'm driving so won't be able to drink anything but a sample but I do like nice cheese!

NosyThemeparkr

Roller Poster
I do like my craft beers, so I'd be up for that too! :D Regarding Asterix, I just wondered whether waiting for those discounted days could be cutting it fine in terms of being able to actually visit. Supposed all the online tickets for Sunday go and the park reaches full capacity?

Ben

CF Legend
I wouldn't worry about the park hitting capacity.

If it does and we don't get tickets it'll be a lucky escape anyway cause that'd be foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.