Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plopsa water park on Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I can't comment on the predicted queue times having never visited Asterix before, but if others suggest it could be busy then we (thats me and Rach) are also in support of the fast pass option.

It seems a few of us need all of the credits (myself included) so for a much more relaxed and cred anxiety free day, €20 extra on top seems worthwhile and good value. When you factor in the costs to get to the park in the first place (hotels, transport, entry, food e.t.c.) a little extra to make sure we have opportunity to experience all the attractions without rushing is worth it in my opinion.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
More than happy to go for the fast-pass option.
Another Asterix virgin here, so I have the intention of smashing every decent ride in the park.
Even Goudurix.
In fact, Goudurix is a priority. I think it looks good.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Talked with a few Parc Astérix fans, and the consensus is that it will be likely to be crowded and as such, probably worth geting a pass.

Just a warning: the amount of passes delivered per day is limited as stated on the park's website, so to keep the wait times for passholders low. I was told by a park employee that they do run out of passes quickly during the summer as well. I don't want to rush any of you into a decision, just showing you the state of affairs I guess.

Here's the list of rides covered by the pass:

Pégase Express
OzIris
Discobélix
Menhir Express (Flume)
Tonnerre de Zeus
Trace du Hourra
Grand Splatch

As you can see, several big rides are left out of the list, such Vol d'Icare, Oxygenarium and most importantly Goudurix! According to the tips given by a famous French parkfan website, it is better to get the latter two early in the day. I remember Oxygenarium having bad capacity but being fairly empty before noon indeed.

Here's my sources (in French, so yay Google!) if you can to check them by yourself:

https://www.parcasterix.fr/offres/services-en-plus
http://www.trips-n-pics.com/parc-asteacuterix.html

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm happy either way with fast passes. I think we'll get all the creds done whatever tbh but the madhouse and the ghost train are absolute must additions and the rock-theamed log flume is well worth doing too.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I'm happy with the fast pass idea. I've never been and need all the creds and would like to do some flats/water rides too (and possibly the aquatic show) so would like to reduce the stress!

Any reason why goudurix is missed of the pass? Does it get a big queue?

At first I thought oxygenarium was just a storm surge clone and I was confused as to why everyone was saying they wanted to do it haha!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'm happy with the fast pass idea. I've never been and need all the creds and would like to do some flats/water rides too (and possibly the aquatic show) so would like to reduce the stress!

Any reason why goudurix is missed of the pass? Does it get a big queue?

At first I thought oxygenarium was just a storm surge clone and I was confused as to why everyone was saying they wanted to do it haha!

Apparently its the best 'ride of its type' - and much longer than storm surge for starters.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
On my last summer visit (granted, it was in 2014), Goudurix never exceeded a half-hour wait, and it was even a walk-on at some points during the day. I managed two consecutive laps for some self-destructive reason...

I remember Oxygenarium being pretty nice! Great steampunk-ish station theming, and a fun however short ride. The queueline is likely to be very long with the summer heat, especially in the afternoon.

NosyThemeparkr

Roller Poster
^ Cool. Probably best to get chainedbanana or Howie to add you to our discussion group as I'm off on holiday to the US for 3 weeks tomorrow... :)
Okay, everything is booked! =) So here's my plan: travel with chained banana on the same Eurostar to Brussels, stay at the same hotel and meet the rest of team Waliplopterix at Charleroi airport. I managed to book a room at both the hotels you're staying at.
Première Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer Friday and Campanile - Compiegne Saturday. It just makes sense for us all to stick together.

I'd also just like to say thank you for that space in the hire car as well! :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
In fact, Goudurix is a priority. I think it looks good.

I often think if B&M made a Goudurix clone it would be a top 10 coaster. As it is - I did quite like it even though it was choppy in places - it's nowhere near as bad as Condor or Baco or the wicksteed park pinfari.

Getting jealous - but unfortunately it's the same weekend as my mums 70th birthday celebrations!

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
No objection to the fast pass here either, I don't want to get cred anxiety while in France...;D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I going to email again tomorrow morning (I probably shouldn't have emailed first time on a Friday afternoon!).

If we don't hear back by Friday, be prepared to buy online!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I going to email again tomorrow morning (I probably shouldn't have emailed first time on a Friday afternoon!).

If we don't hear back by Friday, be prepared to buy online!

Well emailing on a Friday afternoon when the following Monday is a public holiday in France isn't the most sensible idea indeed :p

Don't forget that there's a discount price at €37 for a group between 10-15 people : https://www.parcasterix.fr/en/offers
Maybe the younger ones take the €29.50€ ticket for people under 25 and the rest take the group discount?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Well emailing on a Friday afternoon when the following Monday is a public holiday in France isn't the most sensible idea indeed :p

Don't forget that there's a discount price at €37 for a group between 10-15 people : https://www.parcasterix.fr/en/offers
Maybe the younger ones take the €29.50€ ticket for people under 25 and the rest take the group discount?
Wow an under 25 discount! That's decent and would probably include a number of people.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, here's the important bit!

I have not heard back from the park's (which I'm disappointed about, Plopsa were fab last time).

ASTERIX
The group rate would save the over 25's €4pp. HOWEVER, before this goes ahead, I'd want to pay on the day with cash, rather than go through the effort of collecting money. As the ticket purchasing is in French, @Coaster Hipster please could you go read it and confirm if we can reserve and pay on the day, or if it has to be paid in advance! If it's pay in advance, sorry but attendees will have to book their own tickets.

Also, I have not heard any objections to the Speedy Pass, so we'll be going ahead with it. Please buy your own...but hold off until Coaster Hipster has confirmed the above. Don't want anybody making two separate payments.

PLOPSALAND
Group rate applies to 20 or more people. We have 18 confirmed. Arse. Therefore please book online.

I'm really gutted the park's have ignored my emails. I guess it's the group size. Most parks won't show an interest for anything under 25 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.