Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's ok Furie can vouch for me!

No, I can't :p

My plan is to avoid any conversation about The Empire Strikes Back. It's for the best! :D
It's okay, Howie will bring along his collection of favourite Britpop hits to drown out any heretical Star Wars conversation.

BTW, Howie's dead little like an Ewok, so reserve space for him in the back seats, not the front ;)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^What's this, National Let's-all-rag-on-Howie day?

It's okay, Howie will bring along his collection of favourite Britpop hits to drown out any heretical Star Wars conversation.

Actually, was thinking of transferring all of Joss Whedon's Buffy commentaries onto CD so that the great man himself can explain to everyone the art of storytelling.
The long, lonely Belgian motorways will simply fly by!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
^ Can't speak for everyone but 4-5 of us are flying into and out of Charleroi. The flights out on Sunday are late enough that we can leave Parc Asterix at 5pm(ish) and easily get back. It's a bit of a slog but far cheaper than flying out of Paris and paying the one-way fee for car hire.

If you don't want to do Walibi Belgium on the Friday then it would probably be easier to fly into Paris, drive to Plopsaland and have a shorter journey back to the airport in Paris on Sunday night after Asterix.

Thanks - I want to start making plans for this, But I don't drive, so is it safe to assume I'll be able to get from Charleroi to the parks either in a car with others (or public transport).
I.e. should I go ahead and book flights and worry about rest of transport afterwards?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ At the moment we have a car full, with one more person planning to book flights. If you were to come along we'd hire another car and split up to 3 per car... So yeah, if you book the flights to/from Charleroi we will make sure you have transport. Make sure you book the right flights though! PM me if you need more info... :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've just booked flights, too.

I'm flying into Paris CDG at about 9am Friday (with Chris Brown), driving up to Plop, Plop on Sat, Asterix on Sunday and other park (TBC) on Monday, flying home at 5:30ish on Monday. Space in my hire car if that plan suits anybody!

Rachel

Coaster MILF
For Plopsterix, is anyone intending to head over by Ferry / Eurotunnel who wants to car share?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does anybody want me to arrange another BTS tour of Plopsa? I didn't manage to take enough photos of the canteen during the last one.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Does anybody want me to arrange another BTS tour of Plopsa? I didn't manage to take enough photos of the canteen during the last one.
Yes please, I'd like to see the staff toilets again plus I won't have cred anxiety this time :p

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Sounds fun, are we likely to get ERT at Plopsa and/or Asterix as well? Anyone got thoughts on what hotels to stay at on Friday/Saturday?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sounds fun, are we likely to get ERT at Plopsa and/or Asterix as well? Anyone got thoughts on what hotels to stay at on Friday/Saturday?
Bless you. This needs an explanation. Basically a few years ago Ian spoke to the Plopsa guys and they gave us a behind the scenes tour. It lasted three hours and we were only there for a day, many of the group hadn't visited before so there was LOADS of anxiety. They even showed us the staff toilets. It was the worst!

And we're staying here on the Saturday: http://bit.ly/2nWJm4K

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'd quite like to go to the Plopsa onsite waterpark, but that would depend on where we stay on which night - the waterpark looks like its open till 20.00 (might be later in summer).

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Bless you. This needs an explanation.

OK, well what I meant to say was sounds fun, as long as it's after the park has closed... :D

Your hotel link just sent me to a list of hotels on booking.com btw, rather than a specific one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.