Pleasurwood Hills or Pleasure Island?

• Pleasurewood Hills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pleasure Island

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Martyn B

CF Legend
Bit of a random poll, but I'm a bit bored.

These parks are both kind of similar, but they're currently both heading in different directions, while Pleasure Island only gets a new ride every 3 years and they tend to be fairground rides, Pleasurewood has had major investment in the last year or 2.

I've voted for Pleasurewood Hills, too much detail to explain my reason really, but in general its a much nice looking park with attractive colourfull rides, nice scenery and atmosphere, not forgetting the food. If you ever visit PWH you have to have some food in the Fishermans Wharf restraunt at the back of the park by the Tidal Wave.

The worst thing about PI is that they attempted to theem 6 different areas of the park, why did they do this? The park is no bigger than PWH and they haven't themed any areas apart form the main street shopping area. Parks this small really shouldn't try and theme different area's, it doesn't work(IMO).

-Martyn

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I won't vote as i haven't been to Pleasurewood Hills....yet! I plan to go in the summer. But, bearing in mind that I am primarily a Parc Asterix fanboy, despite what others might think, and considering Asterixs' owners now own PH.....I suspect that there are plans afoot to improve the park enormously. PI is a nice little park, but rather tired in areas.

A

Anonymous

At the minute I'd say Pleasure Island definitely has the better rides. Also I'm not sure it?s a strict rule that PI plans to have a new ride every 3 years - I think that is a minimum. As regards getting mainly fairground rides, the recent additions at PI have all been brand new permanent attractions (including the Booster which I think is going to be a park version?) and PI is due to open its holiday village next year. I would imagine that takes a pretty large investment and shows PI is around to stay.

Pleasurewood Hills are still getting second hand rides at the minute - last year they actually got one of PI's old rides - but the addition of the Boomerang should be a boost to the park and shows a move in the right direction.

I?d say the future looks good for both parks and that both are heading in a positive direction.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Mr_S said:
the recent additions at PI have all been brand new permanent attractions (including the Booster which I think is going to be a park version?)

The Booster is a second hand travelling version.

What ride did PWH get from PI?

-Martyn

A

Anonymous

I know the booster was rumoured to be a travelling version but theres ground work going on ready for its arrival - I'm not sure that would that be necessary for a travelling version. Staff from PI are also saying its going to be brand new - I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for the ride at PWH - didn't they buy Flamingolands old huss tri-star? I'm pretty sure that used to be at PI a few years back.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Flamingo Star and seem to recall it spending some time at PI. You can probably add Alton Towers to that list - its done the rounds :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
Didn't Alton Towers had a different Huss Tri thingy, like the Scorpion at Adventure Island and that ride that was replaced by Samurai at Thorpe Park.

-Martyn

joe

Mega Poster
Only been to PI and that park only had a few decent rides. I think PWH looks nice though, but I dont think its as good as PI.