Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I hate them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats Pink Floyd?

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Hmm.... Posting something that is in the news and relevant to this topic...... Hmmmm... Line up to moan at ATTACKHAMMER.

kimahri

CF Legend
We've already pointed out. All this thread is is you screaming about every little thing about Pink Floyd and when someone dares to besmerch their name you spaz out. This thread is too, uh, devoted to one unrelated topic on a coaster forum where deviations will happen for what ever reason.

If you really want to get a deep conversation about Pink Floyd where the injokes regarding them will be understood and accepted go join their un/official forums or what ever. This place is too casual for something like this.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The thing is, this IS a coaster website, so a topic like this is always an "interesting aside". There's a limit to the extent the discussion can go to and remain interesting to those involved.

Over time, people may drop in and find this topic and add to it and conversation/debate may reignite. However, it doesn't need a "drop in" of information every time Dave Gilmour sneezes and wets his pants. That's for the dedicated Pink Floyd sites as Kim says.

This is a good topic if they get back together to tour, or release a new remastered album, or Dave/Roger produce a new solo album (one that isn't just a repeat :p ).

Hope that makes sense? It's not people having a go as such, it's just a light topic for 99.99% of the board :)

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
furie said:
The thing is, this IS a coaster website, so a topic like this is always an "interesting aside". There's a limit to the extent the discussion can go to and remain interesting to those involved.

Over time, people may drop in and find this topic and add to it and conversation/debate may reignite. However, it doesn't need a "drop in" of information every time Dave Gilmour sneezes and wets his pants. That's for the dedicated Pink Floyd sites as Kim says.

This is a good topic if they get back together to tour, or release a new remastered album, or Dave/Roger produce a new solo album (one that isn't just a repeat :p ).

Hope that makes sense? It's not people having a go as such, it's just a light topic for 99.99% of the board :)
Yeah that does make sense thanks for explaining it properly.

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
"Little Furry Animals All Gathered Together In A Cave With A Pict" Those guys really need to lay off the weed....

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
AquaTrax said:
"Little Furry Animals All Gathered Together In A Cave With A Pict" Those guys really need to lay off the weed....
Lol!
I often wonder how many songs of the era were written while on drugs? Perhaps Furie knows? Or anyone? cool)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Considering that The Wall is pretty much an "enhanced" autobiography of Roger Waters, you can assume pretty much all of them :lol:

The very early stuff is much more clearly hard, chemical influenced (Syd Barrett continued to abuse acid for a long time), but the middle stuff (after Syd left and probably until The Wall) it seems much more simply dope enhanced. Though I don't know for definite TBH.

I do know that if you're stoned and listen to "several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict", you can understand vaguely what the pict is talking about - he's describing a battle. I can't remember the exact details, due to the fact that you don't remember the thing the morning after ;)

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
furie said:
Considering that The Wall is pretty much an "enhanced" autobiography of Roger Waters, you can assume pretty much all of them :lol:

The very early stuff is much more clearly hard, chemical influenced (Syd Barrett continued to abuse acid for a long time), but the middle stuff (after Syd left and probably until The Wall) it seems much more simply dope enhanced. Though I don't know for definite TBH.

I do know that if you're stoned and listen to "several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict", you can understand vaguely what the pict is talking about - he's describing a battle. I can't remember the exact details, due to the fact that you don't remember the thing the morning after ;)
Lol, do you think every band wrote on drugs?

davidm

Strata Poster
furie said:
This is a good topic if they get back together to tour, or release a new remastered album...

Rather unexpectedly;

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PollySamson/status/485411029573439488[/tweet]

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
^ Read about that this morning and got very excited! I would love to see Roger Waters involved some how but it's just so unlikely.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
^ If it's released it is still excellent though. I heard about his new solo album a while back, earlier this year I think. But haven't heard anymore. Hopefully it will be released soon.

BBH

Giga Poster
ATTACKHAMMER said:
^ If it's released it is still excellent though. I heard about his new solo album a while back, earlier this year I think. But haven't heard anymore. Hopefully it will be released soon.
Roger Waters has been making solo albums since the 70s. For most of them he called himself "Pink Floyd."

- Joe "Actually a Huge Pink Floyd Fan" DeLorean.