• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
palm_pilot.jpg

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Why would anyone want one of those tshirts when you could have a Pink Floyd one or my personal favourite my Roger Waters The Wall Live tshirt with Trust Us written under the hammers on the front and tour dates on the back.

kimahri

CF Legend
That was not, I will explain why. The current discussion is of Pink Floyd, a band you're obviously a fan of, quite excessivly since you're having a tendency to post after everyone else about the main subject at hand earning your title of fanboy. Now, Lain has posted a picture of Freud in a shade of pink, this is a reference to Pink Floyd, the main subject in an amusing mannor due to the name Freud sounding similiar to Floyd when said aloud. An intentional Freudian Slip? There's a name for this type of joke, I can't remember what it is. FURIE HELP YOU'RE SMART!

Another obviousness is that you did not understand this joke so it was explained, this did not help and in a deperate attempt to get back to you fanboying you scream to be back on to the main part of the topic instead of the relating sub-topic, this amused me greatly propting my post pointing out your confused and upset state and unable to continue your enthusiasm for the topic on hand. The actual Thread simply boils down to someone saying they either like, dislike or havent heard either any or enough to comment followed by you geeking out at them at every oportunity. It's quite funny and annoying at the same time. Fanboying is fine, but not like this.

Did I just justify my own spam?

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
That was not, I will explain why. The current discussion is of Pink Floyd, a band you're obviously a fan of, quite excessivly since you're having a tendency to post after everyone else about the main subject at hand earning your title of fanboy. Now, Lain has posted a picture of Freud in a shade of pink, this is a reference to Pink Floyd, the main subject in an amusing mannor due to the name Freud sounding similiar to Floyd when said aloud. An intentional Freudian Slip? There's a name for this type of joke, I can't remember what it is. FURIE HELP YOU'RE SMART!

Another obviousness is that you did not understand this joke so it was explained, this did not help and in a deperate attempt to get back to you fanboying you scream to be back on to the main part of the topic instead of the relating sub-topic, this amused me greatly propting my post pointing out your confused and upset state and unable to continue your enthusiasm for the topic on hand. The actual Thread simply boils down to someone saying they either like, dislike or havent heard either any or enough to comment followed by you geeking out at them at every oportunity. It's quite funny and annoying at the same time. Fanboying is fine, but not like this.

Did I just justify my own spam?

Yeah, I found that very amusing to read.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
. Now, Lain has posted a picture of Freud in a shade of pink, this is a reference to Pink Floyd, the main subject in an amusing mannor due to the name Freud sounding similiar to Floyd when said aloud. An intentional Freudian Slip? There's a name for this type of joke, I can't remember what it is. FURIE HELP YOU'RE SMART!

It's called a spoonerism. A deliberate alteration of letters or phrases to make an amusing play on words :)

Martyn

Giga Poster
I thought a spoonerism was specifically swapping letters (or sounds), not just moving them about.

Flink Poyd... for example.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, you're right. Monday mornings aren't the best for me :lol:

Erm, it's, something else then? A pun? Nope, not really...

jayjay

Giga Poster
You've never heard of Freud and had to have it explained. Easiest way to kill a joke for yourself.