Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I hate them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats Pink Floyd?

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah I really like Pink Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon was one of the first albums I remember hearing when I was young and Money was my first proper "favorite song."

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
Yeah I really like Pink Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon was one of the first albums I remember hearing when I was young and Money was my first proper "favorite song."

What a song to start with :--D

Will

Strata Poster
Kim, how's that even possible?! Hang your head in shame, sir!

I'll wait for Furie to come along, do this topic justice and generally be very smug about having seen them live, but yeah, I have a lot of respect for Pink Floyd, partly because a lot of my favourite bands probably wouldn't exist without their influence. The Wall's one of my all time favourite albums and I'm listening to Momentary Lapse of Reason a lot at the moment, occasionally dabbling in Wish You Were Here and The Division Bell, which take up quite a lot of my iPod on their own...

I'm not so fond of the experimental stuff though - I can see why DSOTM's so highly rated, but I just don't really get it - I have to be in the mood, and it's not just something mindless that I can lose myself in at work whilst half-focusing on other things, which their later stuff is perfect for.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Have not seen them live but saw Roger Waters on the 12th May 2011 Live at the O2 when this happened [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUYzQaCCt2o[/youtube]
Best night of my life!
Been listening to the Final Cut alot in the past days, now listening to One Of My Turns, from Is There Anybody Out There The Wall Live 1980-1981

Will

Strata Poster
^
Wasn't lucky enough to have Dave Gilmour appear, but I saw the same tour a few nights later in Manchester. And yes, it was awesome - suffice to say, a man on the row behind literally pissed himself during Comfortably Numb.

He was... immensely drunk, but the point still stands.

davidm

Strata Poster
Roger Waters KAOS Tour : 1987 : Wembley Arena
Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse Tour : 1988 : Wembley Stadium, Maine Road
Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse Tour v2 : 1989 : Docklands Arena (twice)
Roger Waters : The Wall : 1990 : Berlin
Pink Floyd : Division Bell Tour : 1994 : Earls Court
Roger Waters : Dark Side... : 2006 : Hyde Park
Roger Waters : Dark Side... : 2007 : Manchester Arena
Roger Waters : The Wall : 2011 : Manchester Arena (twice)

Yeah, they're Ok.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
david morton said:
Roger Waters KAOS Tour : 1987 : Wembley Arena
Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse Tour : 1988 : Wembley Stadium, Maine Road
Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse Tour v2 : 1989 : Docklands Arena (twice)
Roger Waters : The Wall : 1990 : Berlin
Pink Floyd : Division Bell Tour : 1994 : Earls Court
Roger Waters : Dark Side... : 2006 : Hyde Park
Roger Waters : Dark Side... : 2007 : Manchester Arena
Roger Waters : The Wall : 2011 : Manchester Arena (twice)

Yeah, they're Ok.

Lucky Moose :--D You have seen some of the best concerts ever!

T0M

Hyper Poster
Amazing group, but I love the Syd Barret era equally to the stuff afterwards.

I miss Richard also, but they need to do just one more tour as I have never seen them live.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Tom G said:
Amazing group, but I love the Syd Barret era equally to the stuff afterwards.

I miss Richard also, but they need to do just one more tour as I have never seen them live.

I really wish they would do one more tour, but I don't know whether it would be the same without Rick.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Yep. Awesome band. Though I'm way more a fan of the Gilmour style stuff (On an Island is one of my favourite albums) than Waters. Comfortably Numb from Pulse is ten shades of epic (The Wall version is amazing too fwiw).

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
jayjay said:
Yep. Awesome band. Though I'm way more a fan of the Gilmour style stuff (On an Island is one of my favourite albums) than Waters. Comfortably Numb from Pulse is ten shades of epic (The Wall version is amazing too fwiw).

I like the Gilmour solo stuff but I prefer the Waters solo stuff.

kimahri

CF Legend
Still not listened to them. Although I do remember that one videp of some dude squeezing some gunk out of another guy's Cyst and it apparently had Pink Floyd in the backround. They were asking if anyone was in there while greeting them.