What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Just think of the joy we will feel in 3/4 months time ... when this thread will finally die. Oh and I guess F.L.Y. and the hotel will be pretty cool too.

But then sure we will all see each other again in a couple of years if the next project has some nice wall or facade to talk about.

Winjas007

Roller Poster
My wishes for the 2020 season:

*River Quest gets a new entrance
*Upgraded Cinema
*great capacity for Crazy Bats
*New theming in the Colorado hall, where the train rides only through a metal hall
*New information monitors and upraded navigation signs in the whole park
*New Matamba Park entrance
*New flat ride in the Silbermine hall
*surprise: What happend with the old Race for Atlantis entrance?
*flat ride for Rookburgh announcement
*Rookburgh opening

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

emoo

Hyper Poster
I don't remember seeing a flat ride in the schedule and not all that keen to see it put back again.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
My wishes for the 2020 season:

*River Quest gets a new entrance
*Upgraded Cinema
*great capacity for Crazy Bats
*New theming in the Colorado hall, where the train rides only through a metal hall
*New information monitors and upraded navigation signs in the whole park
*New Matamba Park entrance
*New flat ride in the Silbermine hall
*surprise: What happend with the old Race for Atlantis entrance?
*flat ride for Rookburgh announcement
*Rookburgh opening

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

That’s a very extensive wish list from a park that is doing massive amounts for this season already.

What you can expect from 2020:
-New matamba park entrance
-New information monitors around the park
-Fingers crossed crazy bats capacity issues have been solved
-Rookburgh opening
-River quest could possibly move to the new entrance as we look to the redevelopment of China as the next investment, but there is no garuntee

What you shouldn’t expect for this season:
-A flat ride to be announced in rookburgh, there has been no evidence that one is being installed so there is the tiniest chance there will be an addition of one.
-Flat ride in Silbermine halle; again; rookburgh is the main focus of investment for this year and millions of euros have been spent on it.

- Upgraded cinema. Pirates in 4D is returning this year, the whole show program is in-fact identical to last year. It’s a shame as whilst the decor of the schauspielhaus is nice, the film itself is absolutely terrible and has been running for way too long. It seriously needs replacing and I hope that is a focus of investment for the near future.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
UPDATE

IMG_5411.thumb.JPG.635f96459985e671779ebb8e5f899b91.jpeg
Universal Rocks is going fast with theming the curved hotel block.

IMG_5416.thumb.JPG.b8697b79b58ef8fca3ebe746aab17f09.jpeg
IMG_5417.thumb.JPG.da183dcd13452af4ac71ef206a7b1781.jpeg
A close-up from the entrance which shows that there isn't any ramp for wheelchairs and buggy's yet. However, it can easily be solved with putting one. Still it's very strange that none have been built in with a stone surface.

IMG_5415.thumb.JPG.0fceae98d192eeced2d8515b674755db.jpeg
I was wrong about the small doorway. It's not a ramp, it seems there are stair steps. My apologies. :p

IMG_5414.thumb.JPG.f55af3f06780b4714ce93e1d9d6ca5d6.jpeg
The sidewalk is completed.

Source: Duron on Phantafriends

Last edited:

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
- Upgraded cinema. Pirates in 4D is returning this year, the whole show program is in-fact identical to last year. It’s a shame as whilst the decor of the schauspielhaus is nice, the film itself is absolutely terrible and has been running for way too long. It seriously needs replacing and I hope that is a focus of investment for the near future.

It was fun seeing Leslie Nielsen for the first 10 seconds when I saw this for the first time last year but holy moly is that one bad, out of date experience. I think it's probably as bad as what I remember from Honey I Shrunk the audience. When the average visit to any cinema is a far more modern and fun experience I truly do not see the point. Should have spent a bit of money on adding wind machines, lights and music to the Temple Hawk coaster and reserve the 3D Crazy Bats movie for that cinema perhaps.

Ralf

Roller Poster
I been following construction sites of amusement park projects online since X in Six Flags Magic Mountain. That was 2001 or something? I need to admit that this one here is the worst ever. It is so boring. Discussions about a WALL and another WALL (this time: steel wall)
No-Photo policy, no marketing strategy but german fanboys who discuss if Google-Maps footage is allowed to spread although the park said that pictures from the sky are not allowed (maybe from space is okay!) Finally test runs..! and a 2 second clip of the whole thing. I am so pissed that I not even looking forward to ride that thing.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I mean, it's an interesting project, and surely will be a fantastic experience when it finally opens, but let's be real, it's excruciating how incredibly, almost insultingly slow this construction has been. I get it, the terrain is awful, the design is intricate, the space is tight. Sure. But come on, there is no excuse as to why this is taking so long. And accordingly, there should be no shame in saying this construction updates are rather boring.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I get it, the terrain is awful, the design is intricate, the space is tight. Sure. But come on, there is no excuse as to why this is taking so long.
I mean... There are excuses, so...
I'm no construction/scheduling expert [insert scheduling joke] but there's so many factors that no amount of scheduling could prevent, right? Extreme weather? Accidents?

The Iron Brick

Roller Poster
Europa Park still managed to rebuild an entire area in less time, in addition to a water park and a hotel. They are very very very very very very slow in Phantasialand!

Envoyé de mon G3212 en utilisant Tapatalk

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Insultingly slow??? Did you actually just say that? Like sat there offended about the way this project is progressing?
Not offended, it's only a coaster construction on a park miles and miles away from me; just very disappointed.
I like construction in general and this is like the Jeddah tower: a very promising project which I lose interest in because of poor time management. I'm well aware they're not trying to progress slowly. I'm sure they would love to have it ready ASAP. I was just expressing my feelings towards the speed of construction :)