What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

pvnks

Mega Poster
Thumbs and pinkys at the ready lads!
2d5d134f44ee66d5d88fafe207da7162.jpg

taron1175

Roller Poster
sorry it is just because of the summerholiday in germany!
the openingtime of phantasialand will be till 8 in the evening. so there ist no ERT

JoshC.

Strata Poster
sorry it is just because of the summerholiday in germany!
the openingtime of phantasialand will be till 8 in the evening. so there ist no ERT

I think @Phantasiastisch's point was more that at the start of season they would say about ERT being available after the summer holidays in Germany too, whereas now they're just mentioning it before.

It's clutching at straws, but could mean something.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Phantasialand have announced some changes for the 2020 season.
Firstly the annual Pay x1, Visit x2 offer that runs in April and May is not returning. Instead they are offering various discounted tickets for particular dates in April.

Additionally the opening hours have been altered. Instead of opening at 9.00, the park will open at 10.00. But its not really a loss considering the majority of attraction only opened at 10.00 anyway.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I think @Phantasiastisch's point was more that at the start of season they would say about ERT being available after the summer holidays in Germany too, whereas now they're just mentioning it before.

Even though it's clutching at straws, but I don't get it. I think I'm missing the necessary background. Could you just shed some light on the line of argument you have in mind? And what would this imply for the opening in the end? Thanks!

JammyH

Hyper Poster

It is clutching at straws really, because last year the park offered "1 x zahlen, 2x Spaß" from April until June, and you could use your second return visit at any time during these 3 months. The fact that they aren't offering the same offer this year could either indicate:

1. They have invested millions of euros in Rookburgh and are now struggling for money, which is also indicated by removing the hotel discount for Phantasialand club holders
2. Rookburgh could open in April, and they don't want people having 2 visits for the price of one in the opening months of a brand new attraction.

I'm contemplating to book a trip for the start of the season, as my hotel discount is still valid until July, however am unsure how likely it would be that Rookburgh would be ready for then. Obviously it is much more feasible that the new themed world will be ready for end of June time, similar to Klugheim, however there's still every possibility looking at progress so far that the land will be ready for the start of the season.

I'm visiting Hotel ling bao for Fantissima mid-march so I will take as many construction photos as I can visibly see then, and that should be a real indicator of when we are looking at an opening date, depending on how far along the construction is a couple of weeks before season opening.

UP87

Mega Poster
It is clutching at straws really, because last year the park offered "1 x zahlen, 2x Spaß" from April until June, and you could use your second return visit at any time during these 3 months
Nope. "1x zahlen, 2x Spaß" was from april until june, the return window included september and october, as well. The other return offer "Doppelter Sommerspaß" in july and august allowed you to return on another day during these two months.
Especially a free entry during september or october would be bad as Rookburgh will most likely be open at that time.