What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Has anyone seen a picture of the pull through looopings was reporting the other day? I must say I haven't seen any. In principle it should not be that hard to recognize a full pull through as you can still see parts of the track from the street, can't you?

Lofty

CF Legend
Brian:
giphy.gif

UP87

Mega Poster
Since the whole thing took place a week after the summer season, hardly anyone would have been at the park.
But how is there report about it? If someone thinks it's important enough to tell looopings he could (and should) have shot a picture, as well. If it was an insider... ? We're talking about looopings.nl . Most likely nothing happened at all!

Marnit

Roller Poster
WALLL AAAAAAHHHHH!!!

That said, I'm a bit surprised the part at the overbank seems to be plain metal.
I wonder if more will be added to it than the obvious window shape thing

[ Bear ]

Roller Poster
That said, I'm a bit surprised the part at the overbank seems to be plain metal.
I wonder if more will be added to it than the obvious window shape thing
I hope they do, but it would not surprise me if they don't add theming. They didn't do any effort on theming the back of the klugheim wall either.

I'm more worried about that very ugly staff building next to Rookburgh. Which is visible from inside the area.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^Why would they "put effort" into the car park side of the Klugheim sound barriers. What a colossal waste of money that would be. Disney have more money to play with yet there are plenty of examples of the rear sides of themed facades or show-buildings visible from outside parks.
Plus in Phantasialand's case should they ever be successful in acquiring the currently privately owned Mystery car park it would undoubtedly be used for expanding the park so they would built up something new in front of it. Same as with the "Vertical Garden Wall" in-between Klugheim and Chiapas there's an element of (potentially very) long term thinking ahead there.

This façade is undoubtedly being themed. It's the front piece and entrance of the hotel after all. And from the expansion negotiations process we know Berggeiststrasse cannot be removed or rerouted so it also fits into long term planning - this will always be visible.
Also its being themed as we can see. The scaffolding on the left section is Universal Rocks working on concrete theming including a large chimney feature (the framework for which can be seen in previous pictures). And the metal plates appear to be textured with visible rust/ageing marks - not plain bog standard sheets of metal like the car park wall.

As for the administration building being visible from inside the area. How do you know this, have you been inside? The large 4 storey hotel building that's been built in front has most likely has sorted that view out. Leaving the only remaining unblocked section the side beside the overbank and Hotel Tower 3 - presumably they aren't fully theming everything surrounding only to then leave that one obvious patch bare. A façade will definitely be coming here. If any other bit remains visible over any building or façade we really can't say or judge until its done...

Back to the topic of the potential pull through tests though. If a full test has been done recently its an interesting coincidence that Taron's pull through tests with a full clearance profile frame (although on a basic chassis, not with an actual, or more likely as was done with new Python at Efteling: part of an actual, train as Looopings claims with F.L.Y.) also took place in the short November off season. Taron's tests can be seen from 8.28 in this construction documentary.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
The last visible wall of the office building looks industrial to me somehow (I guess the brown color), so if it won't get themed, that's not a big issue tbh. However, I do expect some theming.

What I personally hope for is a giant artwork like the one above the passageway (?)... but probably they just add some rusty metal plates like they did with this wall. Maybe they take into account what they will do with the office building in the future, so this could be a temporarily wall like the green garden wall in Klugheim (wouldn't surprise me after all). :)

Don't forget that we get a complete themed area with a unique coaster and a hotel where we can "sleep like an aeronaut". ;)
tttt.png

Last edited:

[ Bear ]

Roller Poster
^Why would they "put effort" into the car park side of the Klugheim sound barriers. What a colossal waste of money that would be. Disney have more money to play with yet there are plenty of examples of the rear sides of themed facades or show-buildings visible from outside parks.
Plus in Phantasialand's case should they ever be successful in acquiring the currently privately owned Mystery car park it would undoubtedly be used for expanding the park so they would built up something new in front of it. Same as with the "Vertical Garden Wall" in-between Klugheim and Chiapas there's an element of (potentially very) long term thinking ahead there.

This façade is undoubtedly being themed. It's the front piece and entrance of the hotel after all. And from the expansion negotiations process we know Berggeiststrasse cannot be removed or rerouted so it also fits into long term planning - this will always be visible.
Also its being themed as we can see. The scaffolding on the left section is Universal Rocks working on concrete theming including a large chimney feature (the framework for which can be seen in previous pictures). And the metal plates appear to be textured with visible rust/ageing marks - not plain bog standard sheets of metal like the car park wall.

As for the administration building being visible from inside the area. How do you know this, have you been inside? The large 4 storey hotel building that's been built in front has most likely has sorted that view out. Leaving the only remaining unblocked section the side beside the overbank and Hotel Tower 3 - presumably they aren't fully theming everything surrounding only to then leave that one obvious patch bare. A façade will definitely be coming here. If any other bit remains visible over any building or façade we really can't say or judge until its done...

Back to the topic of the potential pull through tests though. If a full test has been done recently its an interesting coincidence that Taron's pull through tests with a full clearance profile frame (although on a basic chassis, not with an actual, or more likely as was done with new Python at Efteling: part of an actual, train as Looopings claims with F.L.Y.) also took place in the short November off season. Taron's tests can be seen from 8.28 in this construction documentary.
Why do you always act so offended if someone even says something slightly negative about Phantasialand...a very annoying attitude.
About the Klugheim wall: I don't care what Phantsialand wants to do with the mystery car park in the future. Right now the wall looks bare and ugly, and it should be themed in some way in my opinion. Especially because it's clearly visible when entering the park.

Let's see what they will do with the staff building. Hopefully they will make it match with Rookburgh on both sides. On the other hand, I would understand some things (such as the outside walls) don't get extensively themed because of budgetary reasons.

Last edited:

Stanjensjens

Roller Poster
Why do you always act so offended if someone even says something slightly negative about Phantasialand..... About the Klugheim wall: I don't care what Phantsialand wants to do with the mystery car park in the future. Right now the wall looks bare and ugly, and it should be themed in some way in my opinion. Especially because it's clearly visible when entering the park.

Let's see what they will do with the staff building. Hopefully they will make it match with Rookburgh on both sides. On the other hand, I would understand some things (such as the outside walls) don't get extensively themed because of budgetary reasons.

Phantasialand is one complete mess untill the moment you get inside the park (especially the road to the mystery parking). IMO your experience starts when driving into the parking. Sure Rookburgh will look great from inside the park, but when your park looks like a ukrainian weapon factory from the outside you're just making wrong decisions.

Nikl01as

Roller Poster
The park does earn money, if the guest is inside the park and not outside! So why should they waste money for the outside of the park?

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
IMO your experience starts when driving into the parking. Sure Rookburgh will look great from inside the park, but when your park looks like a ukrainian weapon factory from the outside you're just making wrong decisions.

Well, thinking of it, I imagine driving into an actual ukrainian weapon factory to be quite an experience... ?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I can see both sides. You could argue that first impressions are important, and being greeted by huge metal and concrete walls as you enter isn't very magical. I would agree. However, I guess you could also argue that there is little point in spending a small fortune theming surfaces that won't be seen in the park, and that most guests might not even notice these as they walk/drive into the park.

I'm not sure where I stand tbh. I do love a park with good first impressions such as Disney Parks, Europa Park etc. I think what you see and hear as you approach/enter a park can make a huge difference to how you perceive the place. But then at the same time, I am an enthusiast and I actively look for these things, whereas I just don't know if most guests do?

In April I actually took my brother and a few others to Phantasialand. As we walked up to the park and past the back of Fantasy, Rookburgh etc, they noted on how ugly and "uninviting" it looked, and they said this without me bringing it up beforehand. And then when they saw the dated, 70s entrance building right next to a road, this didn't make things better. True, once they were in the park they loved it, my brother noted that the theming was incredible, all the usual praise that Phantasialand gets. But if you think that metal walls, brick, concrete and that abortion of an entrance building don't matter, you're mad.

And I know someone will reply with "Oh but that's pArT oF tHe mAgiC" and that the transition from Chernobyl fallout zone to immersive theming is what makes it so wonderful. And I do partly agree, but I do think they could maybe give parts of it some TLC. As for the back of the Klugheim wall, yeah it's ugly, but as somebody said a few posts back, if or when they expand, this will be covered something else. I actually hate the plant wall in Klugheim more. Yeah, it's temporary, and they tried to jazz it up, but god is it ugly. You have to avoid it when taking photos of the area because it just ruins images :( I can't wait to see that thing torn to the ground.

cookie

Giga Poster
I wonder if there isn't something that prevents them from doing much with the very outdated entrance since it's been there for decades while the rest of the park has changed dramatically since then, some areas more than once.

The park's marketing department sure likes to pretend it doesn't exist lol

Last edited: