What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Ralf

Roller Poster
When this wall is installed there will be NO pictures at all anymore as this place is the only spot to take at least some pictures. When the park continues this strange marketing strategy they will may just announce an opening and then there will be pictures from the finished ride.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
It seems that the park missed to include some top notch elements into the layout to have enough space for the hotel. The ride will we great for sure, but enormous potential of the whole area is unused.

Not sure why you would say that, I mean what are top notch elements for a flying coaster anyway? The obvious ones are the Fly-to-Lie, which isn't really anything great and doesn't fit with any design that wants to sell the idea of actually flying, and then the pretzel loop, which honestly, after Flying Dinosaur having gotten two of those (in what I assume to be lack of any further ideas for specific flying-coaster elements) has been beaten to death a little bit. It's also one of the most intense elements on a coaster period, and I genuinely believe that Phantasialand is looking for something at least a little more family-oriented than Taron or Black Mamba in F.L.Y.

From what I can see, this coaster will have some great airtime-moments, which could turn out to be absolutely bonkers if the restraint-system works well, and, ya know, if anything there's still two launches and some very tight maneuvers.

Considering the somewhat odd and extreme element-choices typically found on a B&M, I am absolutely looking forward to this design.

Ethan

Strata Poster
It seems that the park missed to include some top notch elements into the layout to have enough space for the hotel. The ride will we great for sure, but enormous potential of the whole area is unused.
I'm no expert, but I think you've missed the point a little bit!
They could have plonked some bonkers elements on this, but they chose not to. That would have nothing to do with the hotel, they obviously just don't want another intense thrill machine just yet. I don't blame them tbh. I imagine they could market this as a whimsical flight through a fantastical environment... Something that appeals to a younger audience than Taron does.

I mean, I hate flyers, but I'm excited for this... Mostly for the theming tbh. When I want to be thrown around like a rag doll, Taron is just metres away.

cookie

Giga Poster
^I'm not sure what about this screams appealing to a more younger audience than Taron does, especially since there's a good chance its height restrictions will be more strict.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think they'll be a world of difference once we see this thing running. Due to the riding position coupled with the tightness of the turns, this thing isn't going to go particularly fast. I also doubt this thing will generate a deafening roar when it launches, either.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I think they'll be a world of difference once we see this thing running. Due to the riding position coupled with the tightness of the turns, this thing isn't going to go particularly fast. I also doubt this thing will generate a deafening roar when it launches, either.
I hope they put an articficial sound effect on the launch :O Taron's roar makes me wet every time

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
I hope they put an articficial sound effect on the launch :O Taron's roar makes me wet every time
Taron roar isn't artificial, it's the normal sound for those LSM ! Try to look for a video of Soaring with Dragon and it does the same roar ? The only artificial sound for the launch on Taron are the one you hear in the station when the train is on the second launch and the one you hear at the exit/bridge area near the waterfall

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Taron roar isn't artificial, it's the normal sound for those LSM ! Try to look for a video of Soaring with Dragon and it does the same roar ? The only artificial sound for the launch on Taron are the one you hear in the station when the train is on the second launch and the one you hear at the exit/bridge area near the waterfall
I think I never said that, but correct me if I'm wrong ;)
I said that it would be cool if they would put it on FLY, since the launch on fly won't be hard enough to get this roar naturally (at least that's what I think)

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
I think I never said that, but correct me if I'm wrong ;)
I said that it would be cool if they would put it on FLY, since the launch on fly won't be hard enough to get this roar naturally (at least that's what I think)
Oh okay sorry I misread your post ?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Last month Tobi on PhantaFriends.de depicted the layout of the area.
Red - Area for normal park guests
Blue - Connecting bridge that has not yet been built (the tower crane currently sits here) *
Yellow - Area taken up by the hotel
Orange - Restaurant presumably accessible by both park and hotel guests
5.thumb.JPG.50626c4efa9424c48ac1902e49173e16.jpg
* As well as just being logical to connect to the two otherwise dead ends of the area, the bridge can be made out inbetween the theming on the Rookburgh model. The walkway is marked by the blue square. The red line is the first launch overhead.
1570439623131.png
Graphic by PHL Marcus on PhantaFriends.de

Layout of the hotel
Red - Hotel Room Towers
Green - Stair wells
Yellow - Lift Shafts
Orange - Reception, lobby, and now since this graphic was made it seems there will be a 5th Tower here too (as mentioned later)
Light Blue - Possible additional small rooms?
Dark Blue - Restaurant
4.thumb.JPG.321fafeb9364202f4f87f62dfc319e7d.jpg
Tobi explains the connection between the hotel and park for guests will be through the restaurant building. The restaurant consists of 2 floors however the upper level only covers half of the building - this level connects to a long passageway/corridor underneath the hotel rooms of Tower 1 which leads to the stairs and lift of Tower 1. The restaurant itself could also be used. After breakfast is served for hotel guests it could then be opened during the day for the park guests and then after park close serve dinner as normal.

The back sound barrier façade appears almost complete with the previously mentioned Air Rail Company writing now added, and on both fake gates of "Tor 1" and "Tor 2" the dragon inspired Air Rail Company symbols/logos are present.
1C176B9E-CBEE-47AB-BA08-DC8E1AB9CFB4.jpg
1E1EAE9C-DDAC-4283-A65A-8B05A4E4FA06.jpg
A5187FDC-CB0D-47D9-A991-75929579659F.jpg

The hotel towers dominating this end of Rookburgh.
4D3684B4-1885-46F6-9528-25CA788A512F.jpg
5F0D6FA6-9494-4BC6-9878-05CCF8DC5235.jpg
It comes quite close your hotel room door.
5F73F074-3497-489F-A09E-55B7753A68EA.jpg
E1768AD9-4C8E-474D-86DD-BB109B72F925.jpg
Just over the fence at the bottom you can see what appears to be more rooms being constructed out prefabricated concrete sections. Together with the two sets of door ways facing that direction in the neighbouring stairs and lift tower (which serves Tower 2) - it seems there will be a 5th Tower of hotel rooms here. Should definitely provide great views of that track directly in front of it.
BD601EB8-B7DB-4068-B76D-AE57F2EAF883.jpg
D9A10C77-3142-4780-BF5B-D1A1C936F35C.jpg
Source Mario M on CoasterFriends.de