What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Oh hoping this is the soundtrack, I love it. Anyone know if this is IMAScore?
Sounds like IMAscore :)

Also, now I'm certainly staying in Lindenbergh. That platform on top looks amazing :eek:
Definitely don’t think this would have been posted unless they were aiming for an early 2020 opening!
Still think they'd prefer going for a June opening, as that's the period where you want to attract more people :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Finally.... this thread is actually getting juicy! It's been a looong time coming.
Mildly disappointed (but definitely not surprised) to hear the oh-so-familiar sound of IMAscore again - I do wish people would stop putting them up on this pedestal like some kind of musical messiah, they're really not that good y'know - but apart from that, yeah, for the first time my interest in this project has been piqued. Hurrah!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Finally.... this thread is actually getting juicy! It's been a looong time coming.
Mildly disappointed (but definitely not surprised) to hear the oh-so-familiar sound of IMAscore again - I do wish people would stop putting them up on this pedestal like some kind of musical messiah, they're really not that good y'know - but apart from that, yeah, for the first time my interest in this project has been piqued. Hurrah!
I do agree that they are to easy to recognise, which makes it sad that every theme park uses them. On the other hand it helps develop an atmosphere if, inside your park, all music is similar to an extent.
So to me it's an obvious choice if all music in PHL is already from IMA, then new music should be from them as well :)

Edit: and who knows,maybe it's not even IMA :D

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^ Its totally IMAscore.

Shocked to see this so soon after the Rookburgh Gazette - which its not been mentioned yet I believe but these are handed out to each guest as they leave the park.
Marketing is truly kicking in now! Hopefully the beginning of an intriguing run up of stuff until the opening - which I'm still predicting anytime between April and June.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Some interesting shots of the video:
IMG_20191125_121452.png
The viewing platform with a view of Rookburgh. Blissful.

IMG_20191125_121122.png
The lower parts are filled with coal?

IMG_20191125_122133.png
One of the hotel blocks and the Airrail Company wall are very recognizable.

Some other scenery buildings I don't recognize, very intriguiged to see which of them still will pop up...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmmm interesting. Colour me intrigued.

A few things though... We know the buildings won't be that tall, so it'll be interesting to see how it actually looks once finished. I also still think that some of the walls, in particular the Airrail Company one, look a bit flat. It's concerning to me that they look flat in that animation too, so I guess that's what it'll look like in the final product.

Weirdly the track is pink in the video? Looks terrible. I'm sure the dark red that the track really is will look miles better. Interesting that the lower parts of the world, near the footers, are filled with coal? Interesting choice if this does become a reality, and it's a clever way of creating the illusion that the coal could go down much deeper than it really does. I just hope that there are lots of small buildings in amongst the coaster itself, besides the hotel towers. Otherwise it might just feel like a cred in a shed but without the roof.

I'm really excited for this though, and I have faith that Phantasialand will pull this off. I know everyone seems to be hating on IMAScore but I love the soundtrack in that video. I'm really hoping that it's part of the actual score when it opens. I'm also hoping for lots of smoke in Rookburgh too, like a lot hahaha. Smoke coming from chimneys, steam coming from boilers and machinery etc.