What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Today (23rd May) is Talocan's 10th birthday!
18697982_1467009946671498_4468971817773613440_n.jpg

Image from Phantasialand's Facebook

And to show how much that area of the park has changed in 10 years a photo of Talocan under construction from PHL-infos.de.
BauTalocan006.jpg

10 years since Talocan opened... Christ now I feel old...

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Is anyone actually going? I just checked their hotels, and there are actually rooms available for decent prices for the July dates. Now if getting there wasn't so expensive...

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Is anyone actually going? I just checked their hotels, and there are actually rooms available for decent prices for the July dates. Now if getting there wasn't so expensive...
Going when? I am there on Wednesday.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Roughly where about are you located? Flights from Stansted to Cologne when I've visited have been dirt cheap, less than £30 sometimes...

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Roughly where about are you located? Flights from Stansted to Cologne when I've visited have been dirt cheap, less than £30 sometimes...
Am in the middle of the country (Stafford), so going down to London will be as expensive as getting a flight from Brum/Manchester airport. >.<

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Oops, Kenny was faster than me. ;)
Weird, I always thought launched flying coasters are a thing already. Curious to see how it'll turn out, but we're talking PHL here, they probably gonna blow everyone away with the atmosphere again! Flying coaster does to fit quite well into the Steam-punk area!

Last edited:

Ireeb

Mega Poster
So B&M or Vekoma? B&M is no fan of launches, they still brought us Thunderbird though. I am just hoping it is a B&M.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hmmm I'm intrigued by the entire thing but the 'worlds longest flying coaster' surprised me the most. Not sure if they mean longest as in ride time or track length because the likes of flying dinosaur aren't exactly short!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Oops, Kenny was faster than me. ;)
Weird, I always thought launched flying coasters are a thing already. Curious to see how it'll turn out, but we're talking PHL here, they probably gonna blow everyone away with the atmosphere again! Flying coaster does to fit quite well into the Steam-punk area!
Haha opps.
Surprised at the fact its another coaster. But then those who have been looking at the Vekoma prototype thought it could be a dark ride coaster like Arthur in Europa or the Mummy but the cars are on a pivot so you can load and view scenes sitting normally.
Will be interesting to see what the final product will be. I'm very excited.

Also I assume F.L.Y. is going to be the final name of the ride? Can't say I'm too keen on that.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Haha opps.
Surprised at the fact its another coaster. But then those who have been looking at the Vekoma prototype thought it could be a dark ride coaster like Arthur in Europa or the Mummy but the cars are on a pivot so you can load and view scenes sitting normally.
Will be interesting to see what the final product will be. I'm very excited.

Also I assume F.L.Y. is going to be the final name of the ride? Can't say I'm too keen on that.
Looks like an abbreviation, depends on what it stands for. I could imagine the coaster will be presented as a curious (steampunk) invention with a long technical name and F.L.Y. is the abbreviation. In that case it would fit to steampunk. Phantasialand is usually good in naming stuff, so I am looking forwards to them telling us what F.L.Y. stands for.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
What Ireeb says. I also doubt it's going to be a German title, as there aren't that many words starting with Y in German. I'm excited either way! :)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
OMG yes, yes. So excited I made an unintentional little shriek when I heard the news. Fingers crossed it's a B&M and has a big **** off pretzel loop. My favourite element in my favourite park. I'm drooling at the possibilities. Whatever they come up with, we know it'll be amazing because it's Phatasialand. Going off to do a celebratory dance around the house.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
7gRJqDs.gif

Where has my wog gone. OMG it's launched too! But that name... F.L.Y.? B.Y.E.
Worlds longest flying coaster in that titchy corner. I'd like to see THAT! (though flying around the left side of the park is also acceptable.)

Ireeb

Mega Poster
7gRJqDs.gif

Where has my wog gone. OMG it's launched too! But that name... F.L.Y.? B.Y.E.
Worlds longest flying coaster in that titchy corner. I'd like to see THAT! (though flying around the left side of the park is also acceptable.)
As I said, let's wait what F.L.Y. stands for. Dunno why so many have a problem with the name before we have even seen concepts of the ride's appearance.

peep

CF Legend
Hmmm I'm intrigued by the entire thing but the 'worlds longest flying coaster' surprised me the most. Not sure if they mean longest as in ride time or track length because the likes of flying dinosaur aren't exactly short!

This is what surprised me too. Flying dinosaur is huge and although the construction footprint is big for Phantasialand it's still a very small space. I reckon we'll be seeing this new Vekoma prototype and it'll be shoved in a box (has to for that location anyway).

So excited and intrigued.