What's new

Periphery (Eurofighter)

metalhead7

Mega Poster
This is what I believe to be the first roller coaster with not only more than one beyond vertical drop, but also the first coaster to feature a twisting beyond vertical drop. (If this statement is wrong please let me know :p ). Right now I have only finished supporting the lift, but the initial layout is finished (i just got to work at smoothing a few of the elements out). Here are two pics of the first drop

jCAu7.png

GkLqo.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
Mystery Mine at Dollywood has a twisting drop. And with your support structure, Eurofighters use the beam supports, not tubes. Also your supports have two cross beams, real coasters only have one, like this...

h7ebQ.jpg

I like the idea of two drops though.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Re: Periphery (Eurofighter) New Construction Pics Up

More Construction Pics... it should be up on Nolimits Exchange some time this week

I decided to redo the first hill

Hmety.jpg

This is the second beyond vertical drop

Bkbs5.png

A shot of most of the layout, (still not finished supporting)

02YDz.jpg

Brookes

Giga Poster
Looks pretty nice overall, but how are the lats on that twisting drop? I see it's at 0.5g at the point the train is at and I'm guessing it's a bit worse before that?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And a Mediafire link for those of us who can't be arsed with NL-Exchange anymore? ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah that worked.

Overall, not bad. The trackwork needs a bit of improvement as there were quite a few jerky/stiff (with regards to how they felt) transitions and this kinda detracted from it for me. If this flowed and was smooth throughout it probably would have been excellent. The layout was good and the pacing was good (it did seem to hit the brakes hard at the end, but that wasn't too big of a deal) and I liked the interaction with the supports and stuff which came from a compact layout. Some of the supports on the last turnaround looked a little weedy, but apart from that a good job.

As for the 'unique' elements. The first drop was a nice idea. I never really feel the beyond 90° thing (in real life and NL), but the twist was a nice idea and relatively well executed. The vertical climb/second vertical drop was nicely made, but it felt a little... pointless. It felt like it was there for the sake of it. Would have been nice to maybe have had something other than just a straight up-and-over type thing.

Overall, good stuff. Improve the trackwork and this would be impressive. 6.5/10

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I really enjoyed the layout on this one, but the track work and supporting let you down. The use of prefabs made the ride look messy, and meant that you had far too big tube sizes on both the bi-rail and tri-rail sections of track. Some parts were under supported as well.

But as Hixee said, if these things were worked on it would be a really good track.

6/10.