What's new

Peep's birthday weekend

peep

CF Legend
Saturday 11th April, Chessington: World of Adventures

My friend Danielle drove me to the park and we arrived about 10am. We then had to wait for Patrick to turn up so Danielle could get into the park. We entered the park about 10:40 and we went straight on Hocus Pocus Hall. It was Danielle's first time going round the attraction and she thought it was really good.

None of us had breakfast before leaving to go to the park so we went into the Greedy Goblin because they now do breakfasts, yay :D It was really nice, apart from the scrambled egg which didn't taste of egg.

We then went round to Rattlesnake which was fun and painful as always, so nice to see the queueline theming being fixed and painted (well, parts anyway). We were then going to go on Runaway train but the queue line was more than anticipated so we headed off for something else.

We ended up going on Tomb Blaster. It didn't have much queue which was good. Unfortunately I didn't get many points compared to usual but I still managed to get the highest score out of everyone on our train.

We then walked round to Dragon Falls which hardly had a queue. I made Patrick sit at the front and he got soaked and me and Danielle came off dry :p Oh how we laughed.

We walked through Beanoland. We was going to do the Dodgems but it had silly queue. We were near Land of the Dragons so I suggested we went and said hi to Benin. We found him just as he was opening Canopy Capers so we stood at the top of the stairs and chatted to him for some time.

Next up was Vampire which we didn't have to wait too long for. It was nice to hear the music for once in the station, was louder than previous visits, this made me happy. They also added new lights for the organ player in the station, it looks awesome. Kara was working on Vamp so we said hi.

After not really knowing what to do we found ourselves in Market Square (which looks so much better without the silly stage) and noticed that Bob from the terrible film, Monsters Vs Aliens, was there. We went and had our photo taken with him and his fingers kept wriggling about which was really odd. We were also surprised at how big he was and his eye kept moving which was funny.

d45a18c9.jpg

I think this is when we went on Seastorm which was good but it had a really short cycle, probably because the park was busy. We then went on Black Buccaneer (Danielle opted out tho) which was really good, oh how I love it. Some girl looked like she was going to vomit everywhere near the end of the ride which would have been disgusting but she didn't which was good.

I think food was now on the agenda so we decided upon going to the place in Mexicana. They've changed it slightly since last year and it was really nice, although the drinks were not good. Shame.

To calm our stomachs for a bit we went round the bird and monkey section of the zoo. Most of the animals were hiding. The angry monkeys have now gone and have been replaced by a strange creature which we couldn't see for ages. Once we spotted it we watched it for ages as it looked amusing and in a strange way, cute. We then spent a little while in the creature features area as the Meerkats were out and they had little baby ones running round, they are so awesome.

I think we went to the arcade to play dancemat. Dance mat is fun, the song selection wasn't amazing on this machine though.

We went to try and find Benin again in Land of the Dragons. We couldn't spot him but we went on Griffins Galleon anyways, which is always fun.

Dragons Fury didn't have a massive queueline so we went on that. We got some amazing spin on the first half of the ride, it was so awesome.

We then went on Toadie's crazy cars, the ride ops were amused at our excitement for this ride and seeing as there was no queue they let us go round for a second time :p

We then went on Flying Jumbos which was fun, lol.

I think that was everything that we did and so after a milkshake we left the park happy after a good day despite miserable weather.

Monday 13th April, Thorpe Park

Jason and I didn't arrive at the park till about 12:30 when the park was only letting in Annual Pass holders and peeps who had pre-booked tickets. The park was packed, seemed busier than Fright Nights.

First thing we did was get our Saw priority passes out and head straight to it. When we entered the park it was open and ok, as soon as we entered the priority queue it broke down. Only for a little while though and soon after it re-opened we were on it, yay :D We both enjoyed it and we agreed that we were to ride it again before we left the park.

Most of our day was walking round the park going "that queue is too long, can't be bothered to ride that". Due to this we didn't exactly ride a lot. When we were in the queue for Inferno, Stealth opened and half the queue emptied and ran over to it, was amusing to watch.

We went to see the bmx show thing because I was intrigued. It was terrible and for no apparant reason they thought that fireworks during the day would be a good idea? Lol, they failed hardcore. When we were walking past the carousel during a later performance there were loads of management and security blocking off a small area. One of the fireworks must've landed on a thatched roof of the games unit behind the arena. It was quite nice too see how quickly staff had responded to it and the fire was put out quickly, funny how there were no more fireworks after that.

79ba2d7e.jpg

Our last ride of the day was going to be Saw so we entered the queue about 6:55 pm and we got on the ride about 8:25. It's so good and it had also got dark by the time we were on it which was cool, I thought it was much better at night.

It was also a good thing we had such a long wait for Saw after the park closed as about 7:15 we looked over at the bridge and it was crammed with peeps trying to exit the park. Yep, thats right, a queue to exit the park! I think thats the first time I've seen that happen.

We also saw Chris so we chatted to him for a bit before being the last peeps to leave the park :p Overall it was a great day despite the lack of rides but with such lovely weather and finally getting on Saw it didn't really matter.

Ride count:
Saw: The Ride X2
Rush X1
Nemesis Inferno X1