What's new

Paultons | Raptor/FotP | Vekoma Junior Boomerang/SFC

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Paultons To Build Custom Vekoma Boomerang

Ahh that'll be nice, I'd like to go back to Paulton's as I went wayyyy back in 2009...before I was an enthusiast and I said I'd go back when they get a cred. That is a rather selfish view of things hey? :p

They haven't had a new coaster for 9 years so the need to add a little something.

Lofty

CF Legend

That is exciting - this has been very quiet. Below is the whole article about the coaster:

1564zti.png

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Great move for the park! Ben 10 at Drayton is a surprisingly good ride, and it's great to see another park in the UK get one, especially Paultons! I must admit from what we'd heard about the 2015 project I was just expecting a Stinger retheme, nice to see they're adding another cred.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I shuddered when I saw the words "Vekoma Boomerang" but was relieved to hear it's something similar to Ben10, which is good fun.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Nice to see a new cred in the UK!
I don't like any sort of Boomerang :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

That was kept nicely quiet. It's the perfect ride for the park. They're great fun, but also massively family friendly :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Awesome, perfect for Paultons and great to see them add something substantial and custom.

marc

CF Legend

Great move by the park and a good investment.

Nice to see they have gone for something not off the shelf.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah I guess this'll suit them perfectly.

I'm still hoping they'll get something for teens one day.

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Critter Creek is 2015 and the boomerang is 2016.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Damn you! Just been planning a summer cred run down the south coast, suppose it'll have to wait a year now!

jj23w

Hyper Poster

I didn't know this until I asked one of the team leaders I know said that it was for 2016 with maybe a few other things.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

I'm confused, is this coming 2015 or 2016? Either way it's good little custom coaster for Paultons!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Looks really good! Nice fit for the park. One of these should come to the US.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Yes, the coaster is planned to open around Easter time 2016.

There's a micro site ready for your viewing: http://www.paultonspark.co.uk/lost-kingdom

The boomerang will go near where the Astroglide was. Combine that with the nearby Land of the Dinosaurs walkthrouh, the nearby Magma and the Lost Kingdom microsite, I reckon the whole area will be transformed into a dinosaur/caveman area. It wouldn't surprise me if the Go-Karts were removed to make way for this.

More info as and when I get it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

As promised, more information...

The article on the CF Home Page said:
Family theme park Paultons Park are set to spend £8m on a new heavily themed scheduled to open Easter 2016.

The new four acre area - The Lost Kingdom - will be situated between the gardens and the Magama ride. Themed to dinosauars, the new area will contain several attractions and include animatraonic dinosaurs, character meet-and-greets and food outlets.

The thrill seeker highlight of The Lost Kingdom will be not one but TWO new custom rollercoasters. Raptor is a Family Boomerang coaster. Flight of the Pterosaur is Suspended Family Coaster also from Vekoma. Both coasters will be heavily themed with tunnels and foot/headchoppers.

This new land compliments the popular Peppa Pig World and the new-for-2015 Critter's Creek area which features a remodelled rollercoaster, a new track ride and an animal walkthrough.

When The Lost Kingdom opens in 2016, it will be the first UK theme park in 24 years to open two brand new coasters in the same year.

paultons2016coasters.jpg

Work has already started on this area. The Astroslide has gone (another UK park will be getting it). The Rabbit Ride has gone. As for the other rides, I can't go into detail at this moment but I'm sure from our point of view, two new coasters in one year is enough for us to get excited about!

(The last UK park to open two new coasters in one year was Alton Towers in 1992 - The New Beast and the Mine Train.)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

...Wow! This is great news! I must say I am surprised they're building two coasters in one year, but honestly, they couldn't have picked two better coasters to fit their market. I genuinely may have to make a trip over there in 2016!

peep

CF Legend

Oh excellent news. Really look forward to seeing how far they go with the theming and landscaping for the new area.

DeanGaryCox

Roller Poster

correct me if i'm wrong... but didn't flamingoland get 2 new coasters back in 2013 though?
Ian said:
As promised, more information...

The article on the CF Home Page said:
When The Lost Kingdom opens in 2016, it will be the first UK theme park in 24 years to open two brand new coasters in the same year.