What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Last month Screamscape reported on some new trademarks filed by Paultons Park.
According to a Screamscape source who was searching through the UK’s trademark database, several new names will filed by Paultons Park between July and September this year:
“Storm Chaser” which was said to be for a rollercoaster ride.
“Tornado Springs” possibly as the name for a new themed area in the park.
“Al’s Auto Academy” as the name for Driving Academy style ride.
“Route 83” as the name for either a new ride or a ride.
“Al’s General Store” as a themed retail shop.

In this blog from Coaster Connection its reported that the park are relocating and rebuilding new and improved enclosures for their Pelicans and Flamingos. The former enclosure site is still fenced off with construction vehicles still on site however this area sits next to a large unused field between Peppa Pig World and the car park. The poster theorises that perhaps this land is being prepared for a major construction project. However with no visible ground work or confirmation is this remains speculation, the land of the enclosures could be utilised for something else.

20181116_114843.jpg
Marked in red the location of the former animal enclosures.

But there is definitely something going to be happening soon at the park.
A twitter account with the trademarked name alleged for a new area has appeared. @TornadoSprings
Screenshot_20181116-115425_Twitter.jpg

Director of Operations at Paultons Park shared this teaser on his Instagram. The artwork and hastag match that of the mysterious twitter account.
http://instagr.am/p/BqNagFpAOKk/
Considering the great job they did with Lost Kingdom this could certainly be a great project.
Plus if the Storm Chaser trademark is actually for a new coaster in this area it will be interesting to see what they add. (although something tells me it won't be the same as its US namesake).

elephant58

Hyper Poster
As people often say about this park, it's probably the only one in the UK (perhaps aside from BPB) that seems to actually have a bit of ambition, which makes me think that this hopefully won't just be an SBF spinner or something. I'm very intrigued to see what they come up with.

peep

CF Legend
As people often say about this park, it's probably the only one in the UK (perhaps aside from BPB) that seems to actually have a bit of ambition, which makes me think that this hopefully won't just be an SBF spinner or something. I'm very intrigued to see what they come up with.

Not only do they have the ambition but Peppa Pig has been such a success that it's allowed them to follow through with what they want to achieve.

Very excited to hear what this lovely family park have up their sleeves. I think a decent family dark ride would go down well but another coaster would also be very welcome.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Ooh yay more Paultons stuff! I love what they've already done, so another new area/ride is sure to be an awesome addition.

I still think a nice family GG would be an awesome fit for this place. It's unique, it's fun, and is the perfect size for a park like this.

Peet

Giga Poster
I still think a nice family GG would be an awesome fit for this place. It's unique, it's fun, and is the perfect size for a park like this.
Yeah that would be a great move, I do believe that Wicker Man has made woodies cool again (rather than just outdated) in the eyes of the British GP.

Now that this idea is in my head I will be gutted if it's anything else.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Paulton's is such a babe of a park. I think it's fab. Very excited to see what they do with this.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Damn it really is quite a large area. Will definitely be interesting to see how they use the space. As much as I want a GG woodie, something tells me this isn't what we'll be seeing. I hope I am wrong, but I think that's probably a couple of years down the pipeline. Definitey excited to see what they have planned, Paultons are doing incredible work at the moment!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The whole Tornado Springs feel is making me think the headline attraction could be a Mack spinner; either a launched or one of the shuttle varieties. It doesn't seem very Paulton's, but it'd be the perfect ride for the slightly older audience.

Niles

Giga Poster
A coaster like D'wervelwind would be great, it would fit the theme quite well, with a launch you could chase or run from the storm then get spun around when it gets you.

There is a concept for a Mack spinning coaster ( but it had inversions ), but I'm sure they could do a more family oriented version.

I don't mind what they get a new land is always welcome, if they keep up there momentum with theming from the lost kingdom and little Africa ill be pleased. (A thrilling coaster would be good though ;) )

Coaster

Mega Poster
Does Megafobia really have airtime apart from the drop at the back? I vote no.

I'd absolutely love a clone of D'wervelwind, it's such a cute coaster.
Megagobia varies massively depending on how it's running, in my experience.

I've had rides on it where it literally tries to eject me (almost balder-style) over every hill, but on other days there's little-to-no airtime at all.

Matt N

CF Legend
I rode Megafobia once when I was at Oakwood. It was on the front row towards the end of the day. It definitely had some decent moments; nowhere near the level of something like Mako, but there was definitely some solid airtime on the ride!

Niles

Giga Poster
On coaster connection, there are two videos on tornado springs construction. The space is really quite large, a well sized coaster would easily go in there. Hopefully they keep the train and theme it to the new land as they appear to be working on it in the video. I am getting more and more existed for the new land :D

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The Tornado Springs twitter page has been making various tweets over the past few months with potential hints at what the area might feature.
As well as separate twitter accounts for the Diner and Farm, accounts for the Mayor of the town, Al's Auto Academy, Angus' Junk Yard and a Storm Chaser also been set up.
https://twitter.com/AlsAutoAcademy
^ Junk Yard themed playground maybe?

The Mayor posted this teasing tweet... "even wood"?

Coop the storm chaser and the mayor have been discussing a device to harness and learn about the storms.

Now all the accounts are posting about an imminent 'Storm Mac'... Maybe a hint to Mack?

Possible update/announcement 5PM tomorrow?