What's new

Paulton's | Curse of Skull Rock | 4D Cinema

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That video!!!!!

**** me it's atrocious. It's as if they drove down to the nearest (cheapest) stage school and asked for the most precocious little s**t they had.

4D cinemas are a pet hate of mine as well, so I couldn't give a flying **** how well they theme it; it'll still be ****.

Nic

Strata Poster
Oh look, seats and a screen! What an exciting and worthwhile update ;)

396596_10151122216046603_413316344_n.jpg

Paulton's Facebook

gunmonkey

Roller Poster
Latest photo of construction of cinema, looking very nice. Be interesting to see what they do with all the boarding to the left of the entrance

Attachments

• cinema1.jpg
    cinema1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 92

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Press release from the park.

4D cinema premieres at Paultons Park

The family theme park, Paultons Park in Hampshire is counting down until the red carpet unveiling of its new attraction for 2013 – a state-of-the-art, 150-seat 4D cinema on Saturday March 23.

With an investment of £1.5 million, the brand new theatre will put families in the heart of the action with a 3D movie, specially-designed moving chairs that coincide with the action on the big screen, water sprays, blasts of air, leg ticklers, bubbles and even snow.

The first feature film will take children, and parents, to the high seas with Captain Scabb on a swash buckling adventure to find the legendary treasure of Skull Rock, which was crowned winner of the Best Children’s Animated Film award at the prestigious Stuttgart Film Festival.

Audiences will feel the sea spray, peer through the eerie mist and ride the high rolling waves exploring the depths of the bubbling ocean in this sense-tingling 4D family adventure.

Commercial director of Paultons Park, Stephen Lorton, said: “The 4D cinema is a great new addition to the park for the 2013 season. We continually aim to improve the customer experience at Paultons Park, with more than 60 rides and attractions for all ages; the 4D cinema provides fantastic indoor entertainment for the whole family.”

Paultons 4D cinema premieres on Saturday March 23 with a special red carpet event.

For further information, including a calendar of opening times and to book tickets online in advance at to save money visit www.paultonspark.co.uk
I'll be attending the red carpet event so I'll bring you a report afterwards.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Wow, what an event for a 4d cinema :shock:

I must say though that this is a nice addition to the park and I think if they upgrade the film every two seasons, this will be in for the long run.

eligraphics

Roller Poster
Congratulations and Good Luck! I believe 4D cinema will bring good fun to visitors.
I would like to recommend our last ride movie AMAZON. It was specially designed for 4D cinemas.
You can find it in google: AMAZON 5D
It is fast, bright and very colorful movie. I belive you enjoy it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
On Saturday I attended the premier with some family members.

New guide page: http://www.coasterforce.com/world-park- ... /4d-cinema

It's quite good. I'm a bit of a 3D whore so I enjoyed it. I was very impressed with the bubbles and lighting effects. The effects were fantastic and the seats were proper comfortable. The Art Deco decor is well done - I especially liked the holding area before entering the cinema. The façades around the outside of the building looked like scenery you'd see in Neighbours, but it's good enough for it's purpose.

The 2 and 5 years olds that accompanied me enjoyed it. The 2 year old was a bit scared when the skeleton came to life and he kept taking off his "annoying" glasses. They both loved the 3D and the bubbles - they kept trying to reach out and grab things. The water sprays took them both by surprise. I wouldn't say it's an attraction worth travelling half they way down the country for, unlike Cobra, Jumpin Bean and Peppa Pig World, but it's good side dish ride. Both kids weren't too fussed about watching it again later - they preferred to stay in Peppa Pig World or faff about in the big play areas.

In a nutshell, it's a good side attraction with well executed special effects.