What's new

Parque Nacional del Cafe | Krater | Gerstlauer Eurofighter?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: Parque Nacional del Cafe | Krater | Gerstlauer Eurofight

This ride has been open for a little while now.

thumb_063_91.jpg

thumb_057_100.jpg

thumb_054_116.jpg

thumb_049_143.jpg

thumb_044_141.jpg

Source

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Wow. These pictures really make it look like the ride is built in random a field in the middle of nowhere.

peep

CF Legend

That looks fab. I'm loving the cheap lava effect on the small mound.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Compared to how wonderfully themed (or rather landscaped) their Schwarzkopf is, I'd say this one looks rather bland. Like Pokemaniac said, it does kind of look as it was plonked on a field in the middle of nowhere.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

That's Because it is basically set in a field :p

I wonder why there are so many poles sticking up from the high points of the ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

CanobieFan said:
Lightning rods maybe? Takabisha has a few as well - http://rcdb.com/9795.htm?p=35832
This seems like the most likely answer.

The other thought I did have, before reading CanobieFan's reply, was that maybe they're left over from the construction and they're clearance markers. When they're craning the pieces of track into place these pieces would mark the closest the crane's payload should be allowed to get? Just another thought really, although I have a feeling the lightening rods are more likely.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I support the lightning rod hypothesis. Hixee's second hypothesis makes sense too, but there are those thin, curved rods (thick wires?) that go from the rods themselves to the support structure, that don't seem to offer any kind of structural importance. They would make fine electrical conductors, though.