What's new

Park with worst GP?

Edward M

Strata Poster
Thorpe Park
giphy_s.gif

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I've had varied experiences here and there, not everyone at one park is a cretin and not all cretins go to one park. You'll find idiots no mater where you go, even at some of the nicest parks. However, places where I've noticed bad behavior seems to be more common than usual are in no particular order:

*Six Flags Magic Mountain
*Six Flags America
*Dollywood (sometimes, mostly when it's more crowded)
*Holiday World (again, see above)
*Kennywood
*Mt. Olympus
*Busch Gardens Tampa's clientele wasn't necessarily badly behaved, but I did hear a lot of stupid comments tossed around the midway such as "oh no sweetie, we don't ride those you can break your neck on those things," and "they're the fastest, most agile animals on the planet, there's no way they can't jump out of that fence."

This of course excludes parks on school group days. Because if there are school groups on a day when you go, no matter what the park is, it will be full of 13 year-old clarinet players with their fidget spinners climbing on queue railings.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Another vote for Thorpe. I think it's got a little better recently though.

Portaventura can be AWFUL. I don't know if it's the heat that makes rowdy squarky teens harder to tollerate?

I've also noticed that (not really a negative comment but more of an observation) that there's no regard for personal space in German parks.

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
I've had varied experiences here and there, not everyone at one park is a cretin and not all cretins go to one park. You'll find idiots no mater where you go, even at some of the nicest parks. However, places where I've noticed bad behavior seems to be more common than usual are in no particular order:

*Six Flags Magic Mountain
*Six Flags America
*Dollywood (sometimes, mostly when it's more crowded)
*Holiday World (again, see above)
*Kennywood
*Mt. Olympus
*Busch Gardens Tampa's clientele wasn't necessarily badly behaved, but I did hear a lot of stupid comments tossed around the midway such as "oh no sweetie, we don't ride those you can break your neck on those things," and "they're the fastest, most agile animals on the planet, there's no way they can't jump out of that fence."

This of course excludes parks on school group days. Because if there are school groups on a day when you go, no matter what the park is, it will be full of 13 year-old clarinet players with their fidget spinners climbing on queue railings.
I absolutely second Mt. Olympus. I was not crazy for that park at all, and I read a google review for Mt. Olympus that said a couple was having sex in a hot tub, and customer service did nothing.
coxhTAM.png

EDIT: I see I forgot to click 'More.' The rest of the review... then around as if to make sure no one else saw, and ignored it. We then proceeded to tell management, who also did nothing. It should have been shut down and cleaned. We packed up and went to wilderness."

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yeah, but in German parks you can often feel people breathing on you they’re THAT close. I’m not even talking obnoxious teens, just average run of the mill people.
You must have amazing Sex Appeal.
I can honestly say I've not noticed this in any of the German parks I've been to. Certainly not in every queue, and not something I remember commenting on.

Will

Strata Poster
Never had that problem in Germany, with the exception of Heide, they tend to have the best behaved guests.
Disney Paris is pretty bad (mainly the English tourists with entitled parents and their screaming kids) and I remember a group of girls at Walygator who stood so close in a queue that I kept getting their hair in my mouth. I didn't mind all that much...

zazobo

Hyper Poster
It's not that they're not well behaved, it just appeared to be more acceptable to stand REALLY close to someone. As in, if I shuffled forward half a foot, they would also.

Any Six Flags park on Bring a Friend Free day. I literally thought I was going to die at Six Flags Over Georgia! In the span of about 2 hours we had altercations with about ten people. It was an awful first impression of the park, but thankfully the next day was okay.

On a non-special event day, Mt. Olympus and LaRonde were pretty bad. Honestly though, many parks in America just have gross clientele in general (yes, I'm aware LaRonde is in Montreal). I know I'm only separated to the country by a small river, but the 12-17 year old age group are so much better in Canada than the trashy, nasty kids I've seen at most American parks. Short shorts riding up their crotch so much you can see their cervix, pre-pubescent bodies on display with tacky tie-dye belly tops, messy buns, trashy talking... Urgh. Getting flashbacks to the group of little kids in Millennium Force's queue line who were talking about banging and dick pics (literally looked about 12). </3