What's new

Parc Astérix | New family rollercoaster | 2025

cookie

Giga Poster
Confirmed in Le Parisien yesterday, Parc Astérix is planning to add its ninth rollercoaster in 2025 on the site of the former antique cars ride, which was removed at the end of 2023. The source states that the ride will come with a height requirement of just one meter, and will sport a Gaullic theme to complement the nearby Menhir Express log flume. The addition is a part of a project to slowly dismantle the park’s ”Rue de Paris” area and create a more consistent thematic identity across the park, with much of its current space expected to be taken up by rethemes and new additions integrated into the nearby Egypt and Gaullic areas.

As for where in the park this will be located, it’s to the south of the aforementioned log flume:

IMG_5146.jpeg

Walls went up at the end of last season, meaning construction has already commenced:

1711429656260.jpeg

Last edited:

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
Passengers will face each other according to the park says Looopings.
Combined with the family coaster label and only 1 meter as height requirement I cannot think of anything else than a Mack Spinning coaster, which would be a nice fit to the park!

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Combined with the family coaster label and only 1 meter as height requirement I cannot think of anything else than a Mack Spinning coaster, which would be a nice fit to the park!
I also thought this will be a spinning coaster. But i think it will be a Gerstlauer and not a Mack spinning coaster

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
I think those have a height requirement of 1m10 and with the single coach trains the capacity would be very bad for such a large park (Disneyland, pay attention 😉). With the different coaches on the Mack trains you can still face each other from one coach to the other.
I also thought this will be a spinning coaster. But i think it will be a Gerstlauer and not a Mack spinning coaster

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Hope so Mack spinners are fantastic, hope its a custom layout although i do like the clones too