Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PKI

• PKD

• PC

• Total voters
I was just randomly searching RCDB for parks today, and since I don't know a lot about maybe 2 of the Paramount Parks, I went and looked at them. Then I though, what is the worst of their parks? I decided to take it to CF and get everyones humble opinion on it. You can vote for your least favourite, but you can also include in your post which you think is the best.

For me, I think that PGA has the worst collection of coasters of them all, though it still has some nice ones. I've never been there, so I don't know what the scenery is like, but I do know that PCW has some really nice foliage, but a not too impressive coaster collection, which is what kept me from putting it last. I do believe though, that PKD is the best of the lot.

Snoo

The Legend
PKI is a fantastic park with an awesome selection of rides. Its very beautiful there and I loved it. I can't wait till I go back again.

PKI has great coasters, the best funnel cakes i've EVER tasted, great service, great flats, just overall great. I'm betting, just at looking at pictures of other Paramount parks, PKI might just be the best.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I've been to PKI and PC, both are very good. PC has one of the best coasters at any Paramount park in Top Gun (and one of the few B&Ms at a Paramount park). But between these two, PKI is better with Beast, Vortex, FoF and some other good rides.

Looking at pictures of them all, PKD appears to be the best with PGA in the rear. I'm hoping that PGA might get something good soon since the last coaster was lost to PC.

A

Anonymous

PGA by a mile. They seem to like ignoring PGA and putting all the major coasters and thrilling flats in other Paramount parks. Yea, they are adding a Disk-O this season, and added a water park, but thats not what PGA needs. They took out both Stealth and Tidal Wave. Thats 2 coasters we lost in a matter of like less than 2 years. We need a coaster, damnit, not a crappy boring Disk-O themed to effing survivor of all things.

[/rant]

joe

Mega Poster
PKD is my faviroute, it has a neat collection of coasters. Hypersonic XLC is one of my faviroute coasters, it looks sexy, has a really quick acceleration rate and its supposed to be awesome. Volcano: The Blaster Coaster is an awesome Inverted launched coaster, its not suppossed to be rough, it looks great and again its supposed to be a great ride. Scooby-Doo's Ghoster Coaster I hear is a fun ride, and a good kiddie coaster for the 'young thrillseakers'. Also PKD have a nice collection of woodies, Rebel yell, Hurler and Grizzly. The park is supposed to be themed well, and has alot to offer for the family. I read alot of reviews on this park and they say that the park is friendly, clean and worth a visit.

PGA has the worst collection of coasters IMO, I think they should of kept Stealth. Unlike other Paramount parks, they only have one woodie. I love the way that other Paramount parks have a cool collection of woodies, but PGA disserpointed me when I found out they only had one. This park is themed nicely, but the coasters let me down a little. But they do have Delerium what wins the 'coolest' name award :p.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I liked Rebel Yell a lot but Hurler and Grizzly were horrible IMO, both rough with no airtime and a lot of rough turns. I've only been to PKD, PCW, and PGA, but I would say PCW was the worst. The atmosphere was nice and they had a lot of "ok" rides but nothing outstanding. Although PGA had a lot less rides, they did have some quality ones with Top Gun (possibly most underrated ride I've been on), Drop Zone, and Delirium (I think it's called that, correct me brainwash?) being some solid rides. PKD was the best I've been to as of now, but I will probably visit both PC and PKI this summer.

A

Anonymous

Also voted for PGA for obvious reasons. Yeah it has 2 B&M's, but Vortex is so rough and outdated, not worth the headache this Vekoma smooth coaster offers. And not only do they have just 1 woodie, it's also the worst wooden coaster on the planet. Consistantely rated at the very bottom/very last place for the last 8yrs on the Mitch Hawker's wooden coaster poll ( http://www.ushsho.com/woodpoll12yeartable2005.htm ), it really is that bad! Other than Drop Zone and the low capacity/2hr wait Invertigo, not really anything else outstanding or unique, mediocre at best is the best description for this park.

Besides the stupid decision to remove 2 of the 3 best coasters in the park like Brainwash said, the park hasn't installed any "big" rides that still operate at the park since Invertigo in 1998. And for every cheap unthemed stripped down flat they add every year, at least one or two classic rides are removed for no reason from the park. It's so obvious Paramout doesn't give a crap about PGA, but definitely milk it for all it's worth by charging the highest admission and parkwide prices of any Paramount park. They were also the first park on the West Coast to charge $10 to park years before even Disney, Universal or SF did. And still charge more for admission than CP or even 90% of the other regional parks that offer so much more for your money.

As a last slap from Paramount (besides the fact that they haven't added any major rides to the park for the last 8yrs), is they're adding a glorified flat this year as the major addition for the park's big 30th Anniversary. Yeah, that's a worthy 30 year addition and makes up for the years of neglect and cheap additions :roll: .

end of rant :wink: .

Fi

Mega Poster
Well I haven't been to any Paramount parks yet so I can't really say which is the worst, but I'm going to CWP in the summer and it looks quite good- although not as nearly good as Cedar Point ( :D going there too!) or six Flags parks, etc