What's new

Out of Place Theme Park Items?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
So today at school I sat down and got my laptop out when I noticed something peculiar. At the spot I had selected, there was a coupon. A 20% off coupon to Kings Dominion. I doubt any of the GP at this school have heard of Kings Dominion, have any desire to go, and that's in addition to the fact that my school is in Dayton, OH and the fact that we're dead in the middle of the offseason. I couldn't help but wonder why it was there.

This took me back to our vacation this summer when we were on Isla Mujeres, a former fishing village off te coast of Cancun, Mexico. We were waiting for a ferry to the mainland when I saw a local guy wearing an orange shirt with white letters while he was moving some boxes around in a souvenir shop. I thought the shirt said "CEDAR POINT" for a moment but thought it was the goon side of my brain distorting my perceptions. Then my sister shot me a confused look, which forced me to do a double-take. Yup, the guy was wearing a Cedar Point shirt! All the way in Mexico! Couldn't help but think how awesome it was!

So have you ever seen any stuff from a theme park well outside that theme park's region? Sorry if this is a goon question, I just had to ask.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Jordanovichy said:
Does ATTACKHAMMER wearing a Cheetah Hunt t-shirt count while shopping in Cambridge? ;)
Yes, because I was wearing MY Cheetah Hunt t-shirt while I posted this from my phone on campus! Crazy! And yes, things like that.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Not good enough, I have more than that. I can wear one for every day of the month =p

Posting from a random place which you need to find me at.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's an ex Alton Towers swan boat sitting in a garden in Leek filled with flowers. Similar region, but not the natural environment for a swan boat :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Steel Dragon 2000's wheel, complete with bits of brain, at the bottom of a swimming pool FTW.