What's new

Out of all the parks you've visited, which one is the oldest?

mouse

Giga Poster
Thought it was Blackpool Pleasure Beach but looking at the list in other oldest parks topic I see that it's actually Blackgang Chine.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This.

Also this.
Also, also this. Although I wouldn't call it ****e. It does have a Sky Fly and the Mine Train is acceptable. More pants than ****e.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Blackpool Pleasure Beach 1896, followed by Coney Island. Difficult to date Coney Island as it depends whether you just count it as Luna Park or any amusements in that area but the oldest of the parks opened around 1900, so just after BPB.
If you're talking about Cincinnati Coney Island and no New York Coney Island, Cincinnati Coney Island was never called Luna Park.

Parker's Grove (1867-1885)
Grove Park, The Coney Island of the West (1886)
Coney Island (1887-1975)
Old Coney (1976-1985)
Coney Island (1985-)

Those were the previous names of the park.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Another +1 for Bakken. It certainly has its charms, but not in the ride selection department (though the mine train is surprisingly fab).

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
If you're talking about Cincinnati Coney Island and no New York Coney Island, Cincinnati Coney Island was never called Luna Park.

Parker's Grove (1867-1885)
Grove Park, The Coney Island of the West (1886)
Coney Island (1887-1975)
Old Coney (1976-1985)
Coney Island (1985-)

Those were the previous names of the park.
Considering I used the name Luna Park that should give you a clue about which one I was talking about. ;) (New York)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

witchfinder

Giga Poster
I think mine's probably Blackpool, although there's an argument that Alton Towers opened as a tourist attraction in the mid-1800's.... :)

Will

Strata Poster
A bit off topic, but I'm surprised and slightly saddened by all the hate for Bakken in this thread.
Not only was it the place I discovered liquorice ice cream, but I thought it was a real surprise package and one of the more enioyable places in Denmark, especially considering how painfully overrated Djurs and especially Tivoli are, and the fact that Bonbonland, as I'd probably have said at the time, is 'not a fun game'. In fact, the only bad memories I have are of an infestation of ladybirds and a certain Boring Man!

Tornado, like other rides of the same name, is brilliantly ridiculous and its quirkiness fits perfectly in with the rest of the park. Add to that a mine train, which is a good bit better than your average family coaster, Racing (again you have to travel a long way to find anything similar), a mouse which is Mack rather than Gerst, Maurer or (god forbid) Reverchon and a classic wooden coaster, comparable to, if not better than, the other one down the road.

Is it me...? :p

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Oldest park as an amusement park, Indiana Beach
Oldest park that transformed into a park, Cedar Point
Thats going to chance though with my East Coast trip.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
A bit off topic, but I'm surprised and slightly saddened by all the hate for Bakken in this thread.
Not only was it the place I discovered liquorice ice cream, but I thought it was a real surprise package and one of the more enioyable places in Denmark, especially considering how painfully overrated Djurs and especially Tivoli are, and the fact that Bonbonland, as I'd probably have said at the time, is 'not a fun game'. In fact, the only bad memories I have are of an infestation of ladybirds and a certain Boring Man!

Tornado, like other rides of the same name, is brilliantly ridiculous and its quirkiness fits perfectly in with the rest of the park. Add to that a mine train, which is a good bit better than your average family coaster, Racing (again you have to travel a long way to find anything similar), a mouse which is Mack rather than Gerst, Maurer or (god forbid) Reverchon and a classic wooden coaster, comparable to, if not better than, the other one down the road.

Is it me...? :p
Yes it is. You definitely have your Rutschebanens mixed up. Bakken's has the awful brake system, whereas Tivoli's has glorious airtime. Tornado is disgusting, and even the fab mine train and fun Sky Fly can't save the park when it has such an abundance of naff rides.

S

SimonSays99

Dyrehavsbakken - 1583
I like this old little park - nice setting plus huge beers at low prices