What's new

Out of all the parks you've visited, which one is the oldest?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Living in Cincinnati, the oldest park near the city is Coney Island.

Looking back on its history, Coney Island Cincinnati seemed to be a great place. I kinda wish they would've kept the older rides like Shooting Star, Wildcat, and thier Wild Mouse. I can still ride some of their rides, like Scrambler, Monster, and Shake, Rattle, & Roll. But those aren't at the park. They put those rides in Kings Island when it opened in 1972. I think they put more than those three rides at KI when it opened and they've been sold or torn down since then. KI's Racer coaster is supposed to be a small replica of the Shooting Star, but it's way off.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Wiener Prater comfortably takes the cake for me. I think they've celebrated their 250th anniversary this year.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Dunno, Blackpool probably.
Where does one find such information without researching the history of every park I've ever been to?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Bakken is in the outskirts of Copenhagen.

It's also the oldest park I've been to.

Following CanobieFan's lead, my five oldest (from oldest to newest are): Bakken, Wiener Prater, Tivoli Gardens, Lake Compounce and Cedar Point. :)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Blackpool Pleasure Beach 1896, followed by Coney Island. Difficult to date Coney Island as it depends whether you just count it as Luna Park or any amusements in that area but the oldest of the parks opened around 1900, so just after BPB.

EDIT: Apparently Blackgang Chine opened in 1843 but it's less of a park than the others (didn't even go when they had the cred) so not sure I'd count it.

Last edited: