What's new

OUCH!

Idlewild

Mega Poster
His bar clearly opened you can see it if you pause, it also looks like the ride was being run faster than normal as well. Definatly a problem with the park not the rider.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
No the lap bar definitely broke in the included stills you can see in the first rotation the bar is in the normal position, in the second still the lap bar has opened on the right hand side throwing the rider from the car. You can see the rider has grabbed the lap bar to try to prevent himself falling out. Most definitely a ride malfunction.

Attachments

• fall-2.jpg
    fall-2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 73
  • fall-1.jpg
    fall-1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 73

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Fantastic spot!

All I can think is that he was putting too much pressure on the lap bar and it somehow clicked out of place? Still very dangerous no matter how small the ride.

Josh73

Giga Poster
Oh look at me, proven wrong. :)

Like Kebab said, I think he put alot of pressure on the bar which made it open. Because if it randomly opened, what are the chances it was on the car where the guy was leaning out?

reddude333

Giga Poster
I agree with Kebab's first comment, to me just looks like someone was trying to get some epic airtime. I can respect that :p

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Are we sure this wasn't done deliberately? Most people know how to behave on rides, but this guy looked as if he was trying desperately hard to make an idiot of himself.