What's new

Other Coaster Communities

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Towerstimes and here mainly. Not somebody who attends meetups, i do not go very often so i usually sprint round the park to whore as many rides as possible thus leaving little time for eluquent conversation :wink:

Although i must compliment Coasterforce in particular with regards to the POVs and news updates which frequent my facebook page, nothing better than a good on-ride video to wake you up in the morning :--D

I have been known to post on the coasterdynamix forums but they aren't too active these days.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
slappy mcguire said:
I know I'm not the only nomad though, and I do have a sub-question; for those of you that are on multiple sites, what other 'names' you go under?

I'm always furie in some form (depending on if it's available or not). I don't believe in multiple "personas" and like to make it clear I'm the same person wherever I go. If I'm going to cause waves anywhere (not that it happens often), I'm not going to be accused of hiding behind a false name to try and save face elsewhere.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
My main 3 are TTF, CF and the ECC mailing list - been on trips with all 3 and really enjoyed them, hope to get back to tripping when I can get a flippin job!

When I've seen TPR trip reports, I've enjoyed reading them too! maybe someday I'll go on one of their trips!

CMonster

Giga Poster
My main site is definitely CF.

I used to be on Atari until it turned stupid, and I'm a member of RCPro, TPR, and some of the Florida sites. I never post on TPR anymore, and rarely post on the other sites, they're mainly just for updates.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I didn't know you were on Atari!

Glad to see some other "former" compatriots. :razz:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I used to be on TPR for a while, although that was many many years ago and I've pretty much stopped looking at the site now. I don't really know why I stopped, I don't think there was ever a reason, I just think I fitted in better here.

I have accounts on CoasterFanatics, TowersTimes, RCPro and a few others, but quite honestly I never use them properly.

For me, CF is the only one I use regularly. Writing this makes me think I might have become a little too... closed off from everything, but I'm happy here so...

:)

Martyn B

CF Legend
I used to be on TPR for a while, although that was many many years ago and I've pretty much stopped looking at the site now. I don't really know why I stopped, I don't think there was ever a reason, I just think I fitted in better here.

Same for me really. I actually joined TPR before I joined here.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
English-speaking: CF and TPR. Despite visiting both every day and reading just about every post I can, I don't post too often.

Spanish-speaking: CAPTE. I am a mod plus it's good to bring international news to those that don't read a lot outside Spanish boards. I used to be a member at PA-C but things changed so I quit.

And I have attended meet-ups from CF (mainly Ghosterforce). I happened to work at Tibidabo when TPR came to Spain. I have attended some ERT and press events for CAPTE, too.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I sometimes check the Atari forums to check how to do some stuff on RCT3 but am not a member. The only forum I am a member of is CF.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I've occasionally looked other sites if they have updates on a ride or trip reports that I want to see, but I could never become a member on any of them, because nothing compares to CF.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Hyde244 said:
^ I didn't know you were on Atari!

Glad to see some other "former" compatriots. :razz:

I used to check it every day, but I only had like 100 posts, so that might explain it. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Pretty much the same for me. I remember looking at this RCT3 park called Wonder World (I think), it was fairly amazing and the main reason I kept visiting the site for so long.

alexr

Hyper Poster
^
Thats the same with me, It think that was one of Shy Guy's parks. I was a member of atari however now it's as if they want the forums to die.

peep

CF Legend
Lol, I'm also an ex-Atari forum member. It used to be awesome and I used to be on there as much as I'm on CF now. I occasionally visit but I'm just a bit bored of it now.

I'm constantly on here when I'm at home. I'm a very frequent visitor to the Mania Hub forum, MagicForum (run by Photosmagique, best place for DLP photos), Ride Guide forum (even though that forum is pretty much dead these days) and I browse (but not join) a few other forums for parks like Mirabilandia, Phantasialand, Plopsaland and occasionally a few others.

EDIT: I didn't mention about the meet ups. I've been to loads of CF Lives since 2005. I've been to one Mania Hub forum meet at Chessington if you can call it that (was a fail of a meet up). Done a few of the Ride Guide "On Tour" events and the Magic Forum put one on for Halloween of 07 or 08, probably 2008. That one was amazing, I still meet up on occasion with the guys that run the forum/site too :D

Jake

Strata Poster
Only CF really.

I'm on TPR and have done a couple of trips, but I don't use the forums. I've posted a few TR's (posted for CF then copied over), but that's about it.

Oh, and I used coastersims back in my NoLimits days!

Nic

Strata Poster
I've only ever really been on CF. Back at the end of the '07 season I decided that I'd learnt about as much as I could by purely just googling stuff, and wanted to actually discuss parks/coasters etc with like-minded people. I wanted a forum which was:
-free and easy to join
-not specific to a single park or company
-reasonably busy
-based in England

After a small amount of googling (and I think signing up to a few boards to have a look around), CF was the first one I found which ticked all those boxes. It's possible I've still got accounts for other boards around and about the place, but I don't think I've ever posted on any of them.

I went to my first CF-Live in May '08 and haven't looked back since. I did every UK Live in '09 and intend to do every European one this year.

There's no need for me to go elsewhere. I've got everything I need right here :)