What's new

Oryp's Dev Topic (B&M Hyper and Floorless in progress)

oryp

Roller Poster
Here's a new coaster I've been working on for the last few weeks. It's a launched Gerstlauer coaster, with the style being more like the beginning of Takabisha than the classic Gerstlauers. It's still a work in progress, and needs a few more tweaks before I add scenery. Everything is hand built with no tools except for the station, which came with NL. Enjoy and comment!

LaunchedEurofighterschool-120325153905000.jpg

LaunchedEurofighterschool-120325152317006.jpg

LaunchedEurofighterschool-120325152251005.jpg

LaunchedEurofighterschool-120325152234004.jpg

LaunchedEurofighterschool-120325152114003.jpg

LaunchedEurofighterschool-120325151934000.jpg

Oryp

*EDIT: changed "launched eurofighter" to "launched Gerstlauer coaster"

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Eurofighter construction

Where's the tower? Becuase at the moment, it's not a Eurofighter, more a Gerstlauer Launched Coaster.

oryp

Roller Poster
Re: Eurofighter construction

^Very true. I shall edit my description accordingly. Thanks.

Other than that, what are your thoughts on it?

oryp

Roller Poster
Re: Oryp's Dev Topic

Sorry for the double post...

I forgot to mention that the Gerstlauer coaster above is my first NoLimits coaster.

I'm also working on a B&M Hyper at the moment. It is 216 feet tall and reaches a top speed of 75 mph. Everything is hand built. Please comment!

BMhyper-120411212047003.jpg

BMhyper-120411211959002.jpg

BMhyper-120411211939001.jpg

BMhyper-120411211900000.jpg

oryp

Roller Poster
Re: Oryp's Dev Topic (POV for Gerstlauer Launch Coaster)

Here's a POV of my launched Gerstlauer coaster. Please leave feedback, as it is my first ever NoLimits coaster. Again, everything is hand built.
Stats:
97 feet tall (29.6 meters)
60 mph (96.6 kph) launch
4 inversions
Elements, in order: launch, overbank, high-speed turn, zero-g roll, immelmann, MCBR, stengel dive, corkscrew, helix, heartline roll over station.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt8BsOfbaUk[/youtube]

I've also revised the layout of the B&M hyper so that it's not just camelback after camelback after camelback. I'll add pictures and a POV soon.

Oryp

oryp

Roller Poster
Re: Oryp's Dev Topic (POV for Gerstlauer Launch Coaster)

Here's a POV of the current state of my B&M hyper (sorry, no HD this time). Bear with me as I work out the pumps and jerks(this is only my second NoLimits coaster, after all). Enjoy and please leave feedback.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bde6PVTisTg[/youtube]

I've also started a B&M inverted coaster project to work on while I finish this one up. As always, everything is hand built. Here's a pic of the layout:
Layoutbminvert.jpg

Elements:
Loop around lift, overbank, cobra roll, zero-g roll, immelmann, MCBR, interlocking corkscrews
More pics coming soon.

Oryp
p.s. I apologize for the multiple posts in a row

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: Oryp's Dev Topic (2 New POVs:BM hyper and Gerstlauer lau

That Gerstlauer is amazing for a first coaster! Much better then my first attempt!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Totally agree with Thekingin64. It's very very smooth for a first coaster. Only a few transitions are slightly irregular. Otherwise the layout is pretty varied. I feel it's a bit slow paced as some elements are too large for the trains' actual speed. But yeah, your Gerstlauer is carefully made.

oryp

Roller Poster

Thanks a lot for the input, I really appreciate your opinions! What do you think of the hyper?

Pics of the invert are coming soon.

Oryp

Twn114

Roller Poster

Gerstlauer - Like said above, amazing for a first coaster, just the inversions were slightly too big and slowed the pace down a bit!

You have a great eye as to what each transition should look like (correct banking, heartlines) which is the main reason why these 2 coasters have been great, getting the ride to feel smooth is something that takes a lot of practice! Thats probably the only thing that really needs working on... The layouts have been great, a nice balance as far as inversions are concerned!

B&M - The ride gets better as you go along, the first drop could probably be a bit steeper and the first couple of airtime hills are a bit slow but the pacing gets nicer as you go throughout, the airtime kicks in just before the MCBR and continues giving right til the end!

I enjoyed the 2 rides, thanks for putting up the POV's because i have just moved over to a mac and currently moving all of my no limits related stuff over from my pc has taken ages so i haven't been making stuff for a while!

Keep building and I look forward to seeing this B&M Inverted!

oryp

Roller Poster

Update:

I've changed the B&M inverted to a floorless coaster, mostly because I could not for the life of me make that inverted zero-g roll ride well and have a good heartline. Also, the layout seemed more fitting to be a floorless than an inverted. It's turning out much better than the inverted would have, and the zero-g is about as perfect as I can get it by hand. Here are some pics. Feedback is appreciated.

BMsitdown-120530213002000.jpg

BMsitdown-120530213126002.jpg

BMsitdown-120530213138004.jpg

BMsitdown-120530213207005.jpg

BMsitdown-120530213300008.jpg

More pics here: http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh531/oryp35/

Oryp

oryp

Roller Poster
I've started work on supporting the hyper. I've only got the lift and drop completed so far. Here are some pics. Feedback is appreciated.

BMhyper-120601181029000.jpg

BMhyper-120601181444000.jpg

On the floorless coaster, I've added a helix at the end and am finishing up smoothing the ride out. The corkscrews are giving me a hard time, as evidenced by the jerkiness of the one on the Gerstlauer. Any tips for making a good, smooth corkscrew?

Oryp

oryp

Roller Poster
Why thank you! I don't like to call something done until it looks good, and NoLimits is no exception. I appreciate the feedback :) . Here are a few more pics:

BMfloorless-120607180752001.jpg

BMfloorless-120607180708000.jpg

Oryp