What's new

Orlando| I-Drive 360 | Merlin Entertainment Complex

marc

CF Legend
Finding this strange and I will give my reason.

Disney have the air ballon thing and from what's been reported it can hardly ever go full height due to the winds and rain and thunder.

How often is this Starflyer going to run?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
Star Flyers are the most terrifying things ever. I **** hate them.

Got to admit, I do love how Merlin have just spited that little Fun Spot place though. Ha.
How have Merlin spires Fun Spot?
I'm not being funny I'm just unsure how they have?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
If anything its a spite at Magical Midway, just a few blocks down the street and home to what was the first Star Flyer in America... since the 360 one is over 150 feet taller than MM's

Lofty

CF Legend
Joey said:
Why do people find star flyers so scary?

I'll just ride with CanobieFan and everyone can watch us having fun.
It's the openness and the height for me. The fact it's a mental shift of 'holy ****, we're high, being suspended by cables/chains and we're swinging side to side like ****'.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Having ridden the New England SkyScreamer... it really feels no taller than any other (bigger) swing tower. Honestly, once you get to a certain height its all the same. "409" feet of SkyScreamer seemed no different than the 260 feet of Himmelskibet at Tivoli (that I rode like 5 times mostly with Joey) or the 300 feet of any given WindSeeker (if its open)

peep

CF Legend
I like them for the views. For someone who is a bit scared of heights they don't scare me, I feel secure enough. Did take me a few years to get on one though.

Still think it's an odd choice of attraction to put next to a ferris wheel.

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow - I've not checked construction of this in some weeks and **** me, that is one ugly wheel.

peep

CF Legend
^Im on my phone but they started adding the cars yesterday. If I remember I'll find a photo or two tomorrow