• Old Millennium (1990-1999)

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • New Millennium (2000-2011)

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Old/New Millennium of B&M

I never said it was. I haven't been on any of the others. I was just saying it was a good ride.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Are the Batman clones even good? All i've heard in reviews is "Just another Batman clone"
But are they actually decent?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Yes. They're very forceful and really good rides. There's a lot packing into a small space. Don't know what else to say, but yeah, they're good. :D

reddude333

Giga Poster

saying "just another Batman clone" is like saying "just another filet mignon", maybe you've had it before but it's still amazing :-D

D1993

Hyper Poster

Ive never been on a B&M I didnt love. They're just amazing.
I love the crazy inverts like B:TR, Great Bear, Talon, Raptor.
Although Nitro just has a soft spot in my heart.
Basically, I heart B&M in every single way :D

Hulk, kumba etc are fantastic coasters, nemesis... Wow a 4.7g turnaround! Highest invert force ever! However the divers, fliers etc are great things, I'm torn. I'll have to go with new because of the divers novelty, and they're going over 300 feet FINALLY!!! We may be onto a millennium force beater there, and even, dare I say it, #1 golden ticket material there?

Ben

CF Legend

blivvies biggest fan said:
nemesis... Wow a 4.7g turnaround! Highest invert force ever!

Huh? Fairly sure that's not right.

and even, dare I say it, #1 golden ticket material there?

Hopefully not, seeing as being the #1 in the Golden Ticket awards is a surefire way of ensuring it's awful.

It is, that 270 degree banked helix after the wing over is 4.7g the highest g force on a B&M inverted rollercoaster ever. And who doesn't want BG&M to rain on MF's #1 and 2 for 11 years parade? I certainly want them to.

Ben

CF Legend

I'd like to see some proof rather than you just repeating what you're saying over and over. Cause a quick Google only comes up with 4.5g, the same figure that comes up when you add "Inferno" to it as well...

And sigh, I'll put this more obviously so you understand what I'm saying...

The Golden Ticket awards are laughed at every year they come out. This being at the top of them would be no indication of it ACTUALLY being any good at all.

To be honest, nobody knows it seems, i did a search it came up with many results ranging from 3 to 4.7. And it may make no difference to enthusiasts, but ill bet if you take a member of the GP for instance, what will most people google? 'Worlds best rollercoaster' would be my guess and what would come up? Golden ticket.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^You might want to test your theory before actually posting things like that.

Guess what? |The Golden Tickets don't come up on the first page of a Google search for "Worlds Best Rollercoasters". I didn't look at the second page, since most other people wouldn't either.

reddude333

Giga Poster

People are more likely to see something on the Travel Channel and believe it (although it may be even less accurate) and base their vacation or whatnot on that.

True, i saw a programme on rollercoasters in 2009 which was made in 2006, claiming sheikra to be the worlds tallest rollercoaster, obviously mixing it up with tallest dive coaster or something, just shows how inaccurate they can be

reddude333

Giga Poster

^But you know thousands of people saw that and said, "I'm gonna go there right now!"

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

blivvies biggest fan said:
probabally, and that is a good thing because sheikra is a wonderful thing, if not a bit mis represented
Im sorry but i don't think your Oblivions biggest fan. I think that your dive machines biggest fan.

Lofty

CF Legend

Why the hell couldn't you just EDIT your post instead of adding yet another pointless post to this topic?

I prefer older B&M's, solely for the fact I've only rode "Older Style" B&M's, I've not had chance to ride one of their newer products, so until I do, I can only vote for what I've experienced.