What's new

Old Gotham City Concept For Universal Studios Florida Found

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I discovered this and thought I'd share it with you since I found it very interesting.

Possibly the longest post of all time can be found HERE.

It shows concept art for a Gotham City 'theme park' (or area I'd say) showing off an area that looks very awesome and includes rides that, no doubt, would have had a very long queue.

A teaser for you to make your way over and have a look.

9leq0y.jpg

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Love it...

Some of the concepts in there (particularly the Lex Luthor restaurant) are very imaginative and very very cool...

Awesome...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
That's really awesome.

A well done Gotham City section at a theme park would be incredible. Gotham is realistic, but ridiculous, and would be perfect for theme park architecture.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Love it...

Some of the concepts in there (particularly the Lex Luthor restaurant) are very imaginative and very very cool...

Awesome...

Lex Luthor in Gotham City would be a massive comic book fail.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Anyone know why it was never built? Not that I'm complaining, thank god they didn't build it, I'm sick to death of Batman/Superman themed rides/areas in parks and I've only been to a few!

Like I've always said, parks look so much better when they use concepts they've developed that are completely unique to their own park. I know my beloved Disney are more than guilty of it, but I hate the way chain parks re-use a theme or a ride, it just becomes tired and lazy and in the the end looks crappy.

That being said, the area does look quite cool but I'm afraid I can't get too over-excited about it, I'm SICK of Bat-****ing-man every place I turn.

I have to agree with Jordan. The theme is so overused, but with that being said, this is obviously much more well done than the other superhero themed lands I've seen so far. Six Flags needs to take a look at this and then take a look at their own Gotham City areas and realize how lame theirs is in comparison :p .

CMonster

Giga Poster
Well, you do have to remember this was planned as the first Gotham themed area, so at the time of planning it wasn't a rip-off (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this came far before the Six Flags lands).

Plus, this would have been about a million times better than anything SF could do. :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:

facepalm2.jpg

Did you REALLY just say that?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Yes I did, did YOU actually READ the concepts?

I LOVE the idea of having the villains milling around a restaurant interacting with guests, how awesome is that? And if they brought Batman in for staged fights over dinner, well that just makes things more awesome...

Stop trying to win Most Obnoxious...

Xpress

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
^Yes I did, did YOU actually READ the concepts?

I LOVE the idea of having the villains milling around a restaurant interacting with guests, how awesome is that? And if they brought Batman in for staged fights over dinner, well that just makes things more awesome...

Stop trying to win Most Obnoxious...

Oh right.. The link.. :roll:

And I was going to 200% goon, fwiw.....