What's new

Obscure Enthusiasms

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
I'm a Nerf enthusiast. I collect the blasters, mod the heck out of them, go to events around the Northeast, and buy knockoff Elite darts from China by the pallet.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I absolutely despise supermarkets. Awful places to be, horrible lighting and dismal experiences. Then again, I do work in a supermarket so I think that's tainted my opinion.

I would say the closest thing I've got to an obscure enthusiasm is a fascination for tall things. Could be a building, crane, mountain, tree etc. I tend to try and visit any tall structures wherever I go. I also read a lot on different buildings and heights of things. I sort of think it ties into coaster enthusiasm, because a lot of the initial wonder and intrigue comes from the physical scale.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Was told earlier that an old friend of my mums used to collect pencils! Has to be one of the more obscure enthusiasms possible!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Alaeriia said:
I'm a Nerf enthusiast. I collect the blasters, mod the heck out of them, go to events around the Northeast, and buy knockoff Elite darts from China by the pallet.
BTW, did you see Nerf was added to Amazon's Dash Buttons? https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-JK29LP-NE ... B01FE8NH84

61Dq7x4avVL._SL1000_.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Maybe it's an obscure hobby abroad, but not in Catalonia, I am a passionate 'casteller' ('castells' are the so-called human towers).

Castellers are part of the Catalan traditions and have been around for more than 200 years. There are towers as small as just 4 floors and as tall as 10 floors. They are as stunning to watch as they are to build.

cs_3.jpg

Sants-3.jpg

18158824273de10fm-c-_jove_concurs.jpg

I go to training twice a week, 3 hours each day. If you ever come to Barcelona, look for a show (we perform in public squares, so it's free for everyone to watch/join), because there's probably going to be a human tower event going on that weekend.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
As well as being a coaster enthusiast, I'm also a massive fan of Australia & New Zealand - from their films and TV to music as well - I have a pretty large collection of these and to increase the numbers, I use several websites to order items as not many UK retailers stock them. I've actually been to both places twice and would love to go back as they are such amazing countries :)