Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Now Showing"

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Mark, May 15, 2005.

1. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Just seen A Quiet Place. Excellent film with a simple but very effective premise, and a very engaging plot. The suspense was sustained throughout the whole film, interrupted by occassional moments of light relief and jump scares. Some excrutiatingly tense scenes, as well as some surprisingly emotional moments. Go watch it!

2. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Love, Simon

I wasn't going to bother - honestly not interested in yet another "coming out" film that all the homos automatically label as "amazing" or "important" just because there's a gay theme - but it was actually really good. It really wasn't the usual tired old "Oh, it's so difficult to be gay; everyone hates me" bollocks. The whole background was of a generally accepting, forward-thinking family/school/society and someone just not knowing the best way to go about telling people, or whether it's really necessary at all rather than being scared about it and the usual homophobia storyline that goes with that. It's pretty funny in places as well.

May

I thought this was quite new since I'd never heard of it, but turns out it's around 16 years old. It's kind of just a slasher movie at the end of the day, but it's genuinely really creepy and atmospheric, with some excellent performances. It's a bit slow to get going, but I think it's better for it. Anyway, easily one of the better horrors I've seen in a long while.

3. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Deadpool 2

Worth a watch, but very much a case of more of the same. Had its moments, but I think people like to pretend that they find a lot of the jokes funnier than they actually are just to prove they get the references.

Efan and vaugc002 like this.
  4. peep

peep Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Also saw Deadpool 2 yesterday. I enjoyed it, especially the title sequence. I think I prefer the first film, the story just worked a bit better, this film felt like a lot of things happened but I don't think they quite worked together? Some of the action scenes felt a bit too choppy and unfocused which was slightly annoying. It's very funny at times though and they somehow managed to up the gore and violence.

Note: There are two credit scenes before the roll credits and nothing at the very end.

tomahawk likes this.
  5. Hixee

Hixee Moderator Staff Member Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Doing the Lord's work.

tomahawk likes this.
  6. jj23w

jj23w Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Sooo I forgot my Avengers Infinity War review so here goes.

It made me laugh it made me cry and it has traumatised me so much went on and quite honestly I'm amazed by the whole film I shall hopefully see it again soon. Loved the end credits scene foreshadowing a certain Super Heroine.