What's new

Notable Deaths 2014

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^Such heartbreaking and tragic news. I loved that man. He was a part of my childhood with Mrs. Doubtfire and Flubber

Darren B

Giga Poster
Awful news. Mrs Doubtfire was my favourite movie growing up as a child. Whats even worse is that it seems to be suicide.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Such a Shame Robin Williams died. He was an amazing actor and comedian. He will definitely be missed.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great comedian, but not a great actor. He'll always be remember for Mork and Mindy here in the States, but at least his movie rolls have kind of overshadowed that.
Sad news indeed, but hasn't he been battling depression for years now? I'm sure his latest TV show being cancelled before the first season even finished didn't help.
Personally I always liked his stand-up and appearances on the late night talk shows the most. He also had some great takes on football/soccer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAqQKFlZv9Q[/youtube]

At least now he can hang out with his idol, Jonathan Winters, again.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Such a shame. Despite his huge fame he wasn't afraid to take weird or edgy roles (Toys or What Dreams May Come for example). He wasn't the best actor in the world but definitely underrated. So sad.

BBH

Giga Poster
Absolutely in complete shock. He had been in and out of rehab twice for drug and alcohol abuse related to his depression, and, unfortunately, suicide is ultimately what happens when pain outweighs hope, which is I think what happened here.

It's often said that the funniest and brightest people on the outside are suffering the most on the inside, so they can teach people to fill the void of their happiness. That was definitely the case here, and I'm sure we'll all treasure the great moments of laughter and joy that Robin gave to us. If only he would have been given the same.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Lauren Bacall, 89, suffered at stroke at her home in the Dakota (John & Yoko's home as well) on New York's Upper West Side.

e3ebbef2462b5a13b7307f5df3946b56ecd0169d.jpg

http://www.yahoo.com/movies/lauren-bacall-hollywoods-icon-of-cool-dies-at-89-94579236487.html

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Any other week and that would be huge news. Sadly nobody's going to give a **** given the Robin Williams thing.

Too bad; she was one of the last Hollywood greats.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Last week it was " **** , not Robbie " - this week it's " phew, not David..."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I came in here to briefly escape the stupidity of Facebook. Oh well...