What's new

Notable Deaths 2013

Mike

Giga Poster
It was a "very scary thing" for her when she realized as a youngster she could tell if someone was going to die

I have the same ability!

It's like, I look into someone's eyes, and I instantly know that one day, when they're older than they are now, they're going to pass away!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Notable Deaths 2013

The most upsetting part, to me at least, is how there was a death hoax about him this week and so when this report happened, nobody believed it at first. Just awful...

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
CoasterWild said:
Intricks said:
Paul Walker died today in a Car Accident outside Los Angeles.
Speeding? Drink-Driving? No safety belt?
It was his friend driving. He was on his way to a charity event so I'm guessing his friend was speeding. Plus looking at the aftermath and the fact the car got engulfed in flames, I don't think a safety belt made much difference.

R.I.P to both of them.

Darren B

Giga Poster
That's the problem with Porches, they look and drive the part but when it comes to safety they're not that impressive. If that were a Volvo they were driving they would have hit the lamp post, destroyed the lamp post and carried on driving.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"Old man aged 95 dies, world goes into meltdown."

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yh, it's hardly tragic. He was very old and the last of his significant work ended a fair whole ago. He has existed more as a symbol than anything these past years and when you are regarded as such it doesn't actually matter if you are alive or dead as people will always know you and what you stand for.

nealbie

CF Legend
It's quite sad to think such a great person is no longer with us, despite being no surprise. All (and I mean all) of the South Africans I know, regardless of age, race, background, gender, etc, are devastated. Just merely being alive did something for them, it's interesting to see. I guess some people just don't work on that level.

Personally, I always regard Mandela's story of the perfect character change story. Because he WAS practically a terrorist early on and that quarter of a century in prison allowed him to teach himself to vent his anger constructively. What resulted was almost mythical! When in power he could have turned the tables and got his revenge, but no, he forgave them.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^Yeah, he wouldn't win any father/husband of the year awards. Other than the ability to stay faithful to his wife and kids he was a great political leader.